forum

[Archived] Tablet Problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RekjESUS
I recently bought the Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet to play osu on and for some reason in pen mode it gives me two crosshairs. I am able to get 1 crosshair if i put the tablet in mouse mode, my friend has the same tablet but he is able to play osu with it on pen mode. I have tried it with and without drivers but it doesnt seem to make a difference, I have also tried enabling tablet support in osu. I'm on Windows Vista 64bit if that helps.
Temee
I have same problem, can some1 help ?
@
Nvm, i had 2.0 sensivity, for tablet good is 1.0 :s
oddysea682

sam425 wrote:

I recently bought the Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet to play osu on and for some reason in pen mode it gives me two crosshairs. I am able to get 1 crosshair if i put the tablet in mouse mode, my friend has the same tablet but he is able to play osu with it on pen mode. I have tried it with and without drivers but it doesnt seem to make a difference, I have also tried enabling tablet support in osu. I'm on Windows Vista 64bit if that helps.
What do you mean by "crosshairs"?
Nactra
this is due to your sensitivity. the cursor will stop splitting if you decrease it the options.
i had the same problem when i was playing with tablet, and it was only occuring when i settled in-game sensitivy to 2.0or higher.
if you find it too slow, make sure you increase windows sensitivity instead.
Rena-chan

Nactra wrote:

this is due to your sensitivity. the cursor will stop splitting if you decrease it the options.
i had the same problem when i was playing with tablet, and it was only occuring when i settled in-game sensitivy to 2.0or higher.
if you find it too slow, make sure you increase windows sensitivity instead.
Nope.
You do not decrease or increase sensitivity on a tablet. It's not possible.
What you can do, however, is make the active area on the tablet or the monitor smaller/larger.
Though, yes, ingame sensitivity should be 1,0x on a tablet. Anything else is complete and utterly retarded.

Zetta

Priestess In Yellow wrote:

What you can do, however, is make the active area on the tablet or the monitor smaller/larger.
I actually only found this out about 4 days ago and it's made such a HUGE difference.
Aaron
I have a question to add onto this. On a tablet i have access to at tafe, it only detects a hit when i remove the prod from the touch panel, rather than as soon as i press onto it. Ive gone through every option i could find in windows 7.... am i missing something?

thanks
Shiro
Learn to click with zx and just hover the pen over the tablet, then. It's not that hard. Also tablets should never be used in mouse mode.
Derekku
You guys are giving the stupidest input.

Odaril wrote:

Learn to click with zx and just hover the pen over the tablet, then. It's not that hard. Also tablets should never be used in mouse mode.
wat. 1) "Learn to live with it" isn't helpful advice. 2) I personally use mouse mode on my tablet. =|

Priestess In Yellow wrote:

Though, yes, ingame sensitivity should be 1,0x on a tablet. Anything else is complete and utterly retarded.
wat. *uses a non-1.0x sensitivity*
Shiro

Derekku wrote:

Odaril wrote:

wat. 1) "Learn to live with it" isn't helpful advice. 2) I personally use mouse mode on my tablet. =|
EDIT: not best advice but best solution

That was ironical actually, because - oh fuck it, too lazy to explain.

Anyway, for the problem, try re-installing the drivers of your tablet or things like that. Maybe there's an option to have that happen ?
I use my brother's tablet, and I have to plug it in, then unplug, then re-plug for it to work. Try similar things, etc
Derekku

Odaril wrote:

Anyway, for the problem, try re-installing the drivers of your tablet or things like that. Maybe there's an option to have that happen ?
I use my brother's tablet, and I have to plug it in, then unplug, then re-plug for it to work. Try similar things, etc
Now that's helpful advice. :p

With my Wacom Bamboo tablet, I also had many issues with Vista. Like Odaril, I would sometimes have to unplug it multiple times (or restart my computer) in order for it to work. Sometimes, my settings/configurations for the tablet would magically disappear, so I'd have to re-setup and backup those as well. Updating the drivers usually helps, until Vista breaks the tablet again.

Thankfully, though, I've had zero problems with my tablet since I installed Windows 7. Hopefully you'll be able to get your tablet to work with Vista for the time being, though, with everyone's help.
Aaron
Thanks Derekku, Odaril :) !