forum

Icon indicating a recent name change

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
With all the name changes it's getting a little confusing with old players posting under new names (like here). Sure you can click on the player and see if they've had a name change or not, but it gets a little tiresome having to check every time you see someone unfamiliar.

I know eBay has a system where users with a name changed in the past month has an icon beside their name indicating that fact. I think such an icon would be useful in the forums. An indication would be useful in the in-game chat as well, though idk how that could be implemented.
awp
Not a bad idea, but the former name is visible in the user's profile (above the avatar, below the current name)

Not to mention if a simple name change is all it takes for you to mistake someone for someone else, that person is likely not worth remembering anyway
Zekira
Not to mention if a simple name change is all it takes for you to mistake someone for someone else, that person is likely not worth remembering anyway
I think it's actually working the other way around for 0_o; he remembers the people too much in such a way that he suddenly can't recognize them from the name change.
Claudia_old
+1
also maybe in-game as well because some people's names make me go wat...who is this person.
Derekku
Nearly a month later... (and most of the hype has dissipated)

I really didn't see the need for this back when name changes started, and now it's been a month, so.... yeah.

I'd still like to be able to search users by their old name, though. ):
Ekaru
Dude, I can only recognize like 5 people. I haven't relearned all of the names yet 'cuz I suck at that kind of thing. So I still keep on getting confused and stuff. This would still be helpful for those of us who suck at names.
Derekku

Ekaru wrote:

Dude, I can only recognize like 5 people. I haven't relearned all of the names yet 'cuz I suck at that kind of thing. So I still keep on getting confused and stuff. This would still be helpful for those of us who suck at names.
Notice that I didn't hit [denied]. :p And you do have a point; some people aren't as good as memorizing/recognizing as others.
Krisom

Derekku wrote:

some people aren't as good as memorizing/recognizing as others.

It's their fault! Burn them all!!!!

(In fact, I agree with this feature reuest, so, +support)