forum

[resolved] Osu will not stop updating.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fish900
Problem Details:

Hi,

Whenever I launch Osu! it says an update is required. It will update about 11 of 13 files but then after reaching 100%, it will start re-updating again and will continue this cycle for god knows how long. I have tried re-installing it and also running it as administrator but the problem kept repeating itself. I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://gyazo.com/e39341ccce0a432b03bc50287f604b0b

(mind my desktop :p)

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)

Trosk-
This is always weird.. I'm not sure if this will fix it but give it a try... Close the updater, go to your osu! installation, move out of the folder (to desktop for example) "osu!.exe", download the osu!installer from here, rename it to "osu!.exe" and move it to your installation folder.

If I'm not wrong, this sometimes works with this type of issues. Give it a try.
Topic Starter
Fish900
Hi Trosk,

I tried doing what you said but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I did something wrong or maybe it just doesn't work for my osu!

Thanks anyway! :D

(I hope I replied correctly, first time using a forum...)
Trosk-

Fish900 wrote:

Hi Trosk,

I tried doing what you said but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I did something wrong or maybe it just doesn't work for my osu!

Thanks anyway! :D

Then I actually don't know at the moment... The only thing I can think about is that maybe you don't have NET Framework 3.5 or a more recent version, but I don't think that it should prevent osu! from update...

If there isn't any more replies soon, try to move the "osu!.exe" archive to a new and empty folder and it will try to install there again. Let's see if it works that way...

Sorry if I couldn't help you much...

Fish900 wrote:

You did, it's all okay :P
Topic Starter
Fish900
I already tried that.

The problem is that osu! was working fine prior to it needing to be updated so I really can't understand what's wrong. My friends don't seem to have this problem.

Anyway, I shall keep trying. Thank you for replying once again and have a nice day (or night) :P
Trosk-

Fish900 wrote:

I already tried that.

The problem is that osu! was working fine prior to it needing to be updated so I really can't understand what's wrong. My friends don't seem to have this problem.

Anyway, I shall keep trying. Thank you for replying once again and have a nice day (or night) :P
Well... Just a last thing... What release stream were you using? If you were using Stable, try to change to Cutting Edge and see if it can update...
go to your osu! installation, open osu!.cfg (with WordPad, for example) and leave the line "_ReleaseStream" like this:
_ReleaseStream = CuttingEdge

If it doesn't update on Cutting Edge too, I don't know what to think about.. Sorry.

Topic Starter
Fish900
I tried doing what you said and it still won't work.

Why oh why must these things happen to me hahaha :P

Thanks again. I appreciate your effort c:
Trosk-
Well, just in case, do you know if your Antivirus or Firewall did casually block osu!? It's the last thing I can think about..

Fish900 wrote:

Thanks again. I appreciate your effort c:
And no problem... I hope this can get fixed soon.
Topic Starter
Fish900
I hope so too although it could be something from my end. I guess we shall see. Have a nice day c:
Topic Starter
Fish900

Trosk- wrote:

And no problem... I hope this can get fixed soon.
So apparently I fixed it. I turned on compatibility with Windows XP Service pack 3 and it worked. I have no idea why since I'm running Windows 7 buuuut it works so I'm happy :D
Trosk-

Fish900 wrote:

So apparently I fixed it. I turned on compatibility with Windows XP Service pack 3 and it worked. I have no idea why since I'm running Windows 7 buuuut it works so I'm happy :D
Really? That's weird O_o I never thought on that to be honest. Well, I'm glad that you fixed it :P
pedrota
I have this problem, i follow all solutions on this topic but my osu! continues updating!
KalleNaksi
Same problem
KalleNaksi

Trosk- wrote:

Fish900 wrote:

Really? That's weird O_o I never thought on that to be honest. Well, I'm glad that you fixed it :P
I can't get it work... I'll just quit playng osu!...
Chevkat
So, none of the hints helped me. I saved all songs and deleted osu! completely, after reinstalled the game.
That solved my problem. Thank you anyway :?: :?: :?:
kitoriiii
Which should I do reinstall osu! Or repair osu! ?