forum

[confirmed] Multiple chat tabs with the same user (minor bug)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blahpy
I'm not sure what caused this so I haven't replicated it. I was in another window when I switched back to osu! (fullscreen) to read the message and found it in a seperate chat tab. A screenshot can be seen here: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3235539

I tried typing in the first one again and the message appeared in only the second chat tab and it lit up as though I had an unread message. I still have them both open so if there's anything you want me to do with them to try and help figure out what caused it then let me know. Taboki, who I was talking to, said that he has experienced this bug once before too.

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)

Apologies if this is duplicate.
Trosk-
I think I've never seen that before.
abraker
For some reason the system thought that the user chat is not open. I can't even begin to think how to replicate this.
Nathanael
I'm unable to replicate this. <_<
Trosk-

Nathanael wrote:

I'm unable to replicate this. <_<
I don't know how to even try to replicate this e.e
Taboki
Can confirm, happend with me and Tillerino once.

Really rare, unknown how it happens. I also seem to have a chat with myself there.
Topic Starter
blahpy

Trosk- wrote:

I don't know how to even try to replicate this e.e
^This

Often a way to replicate a bug can be found easily but I honestly have no clue what caused this to happen at all, it's never happened before
VeilStar
I've had this happen only once before. It seems to be a rare thing that can happen. (Race conditions?)
Going to confirm this under low priority..
Topic Starter
blahpy
More details:

I had this bug happen again today but it was a bit different. I messaged someone around an hour and a half after the last messages and it opened a chat tab with myself (!?) and showed the messages in there. I clicked on them in the online list and clicked show chat and it opened a second chat box with them. Apparently they still got my messages that appeared to be sent to myself despite the bug. osu! was in focus this time.