forum

[confirmed] Esc prevents userpanels from updating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Destroy2777
Problem Details:

In order to perform this bug, one must play a song to completion. Normally, the game would attempt to update one's userpanel with new information based on that score, often displayed as "Submitting score...", etc. However, one can hit esc in the time before this happens to return to the main menu. If this happens, the userpanel will not update. A player may reiterate this several times with several different recorded plays, and the userpanel will still not change.

The userpanel will right itself if any other sources cause it to change, such as:
-Manually changing game modes
-Quitting out of a song

Please note that, despite this, the game still records all score submissions during this time successfully, and one's true ranking can still be seen on the profile, even if the userpanel is still in the bugged state.

On a slight digression, the same esc timing can also have an effect on the appearance of scores on the global leaderboard on the song select menu. Pressing esc with certain timings will result in the score simply not appearing right away, the score having a submission time of 0 seconds ago, or, in very rare cases, a submission time of -1.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Userpanel is not updating due to esc
Here is the in-game userpanel, after using esc to skip updating the userpanel after several new records:

However, per my profile, my rankings at this time should have been as such:

Submission time error
Outside this, here is an instance of having a submission time of -1 seconds:

Edit (5/13/2015): Provided images as evidence that the userpanel is not updating under the esc bug; minor corrections to the problem details.
osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
abraker
Actually that happens to me if I Esc too fast after the results screen. It used to freak me out, thinking that my score has skipped submission. I just started to wait it out and dismissed the bug, but it's a thing.
VeilStar
Confirming this.
SlyFox385
I've been having a similar problem, where whenever I hit escape to leave a song faster than it would normally, this patch it just puts me in the pause menu and when I leave the song is just stuck at the end screen. When this happens I have to force close the game or leave the song entirely, both of which keep my score from being recorded or submitted.