forum

[confirmed] Stuck on black screen going on edit mode? (Mac)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_tasty
So one day, my osu started crashing sometimes when I'm in the editor. I usually just ignore it until one time I couldn't get in the edit mode at all.
I tried but it's just stuck in a black screen, music still works so it didn't freeze.
I reinstalled osu twice still have the same problem.
I'm running on OS X 10.10
help?
VeilStar
t/313245

If it's not that I'm afraid I have no idea.
Topic Starter
_tasty

VeilStar wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/313245

If it's not that I'm afraid I have no idea.
It worked! Thank you :3 (I had my osu on windowed before, idk why I decide to change to fullscreen ;_;)

Will this be fixed though? or are we stuck on having to use the windowed mode?
VeilStar

ReeChelly wrote:

It worked! Thank you :3 (I had my osu on windowed before, idk why I decide to change to fullscreen ;_;)
No worries.

ReeChelly wrote:

Will this be fixed though? or are we stuck on having to use the windowed mode?
Hopefully. Confirmed the issue for now. A dev would have to look into this.
TheVileOne
Please checkout the ce45 experimental branch and see if the behaviour has changed at all.
Professor Gila
got the same thing, but exit from editor. But i use windows here...
VeilStar

lidahapi wrote:

That's not the same issue, make a new thread about it. The issue this thread is about is basically Mac not drawing in borderless windowed mode, which is automatically being switched to iif you go to the edit menu.
Professor Gila

VeilStar wrote:

lidahapi wrote:

That's not the same issue, make a new thread about it. The issue this thread is about is basically Mac not drawing in borderless windowed mode, which is automatically being switched to iif you go to the edit menu.
I'll see what can i do for that
KokoaCrunch
That happens to me as well everytime when i go to editor it just goes black. Idk about you but also when i tried changing the resolution from full screen to 'non-full screen' mode it happens nearly all the time as well, the black screen thingy. (Using Mac as well v10.10.2)
VeilStar
Moving to low priority for now...
Hopefully this will work properly once the new OpenGL hits the Stable release stream and a new wineskin is made.