forum

[Archived] osu!updater says that my network connection isn't working.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DexFrild
Updater and osu! client have lost connection with server.

http://puu.sh/gYNvB/f697b67f2e.avi

osu! version: 20150414.2
RvNovae
try the following:

Veilstar wrote:

1. Close osu!.
2. Open the 'windows firewall with advanced security'. (Search for "firewall" or get to it trough the control panel.)
3. Go to 'Inbound Rules' and click on 'New Rule...'.
4. Program -> Browse to the osu!.exe file -> Allow the connection > Select all.
5. Do the same for 'Outbound Rules'.
6. Reboot your router.
7. See if it works
maybe your firewall keeps the updater from updating

further you can try pinging the server by opening your command prompt (windows+r->cmd)
and type ping irc.ppy.sh
Topic Starter
DexFrild
Unfortunately didn't help :c
Topic Starter
DexFrild
Tried this:
p/4046538/

piedude223 wrote:

FIXED IT!

So what i did was install osu to a seperate folder, when it says the error, it shoudl still download the exe and dll

then get the mirror under the download and download it to a separate folder, this should work

then when you open that exe, your client will be too old and you cant update it because of the error

so then what i did was drag the exe and dll you got with the newer download and version and drag it into your folder with the mirror

it should work if you launch osu.exe

hoped this helped, have fun!
Nothing new. I still can't connect.
VeilStar
My post in that thread;

VeilStar wrote:

DexFrild wrote:

Doesn't works. I have no idea what else to do...
(re-)install the .NET Framework and close any processes that aren't required for your PC to operate trough the task manager.
Likely an issue related to your installation of the .NET Framework.

If that doesn't work you could try disabling any network adapters that you don't need in the windows control panel.
abraker
Try scanning for viruses. That helped some people with their net issues.

Also try this: t/316856
Topic Starter
DexFrild
Reinstalled .NET Framework, disconnected all adapters (Hamachi, Tunngle) except the main connection and nothing changed.

EDIT:
Rescanned. No viruses.

Trying to do this:

DualAkira wrote:

Okay everyone, i have solved this problem.

And for all of you here because you have the same problem, there are 2 things that you can do.

Open Command Prompt as Administrator, and type in the following code:

netsh winsock reset catalog

Then press enter. Give that a second then it should say something like, ______ now restart the computer for this to take effect, but first, also type in this code just in case.

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

Then enter. give that a few seconds for text to pop-up, then restart your pc.

This should work, if it doesn't then the cause of this error is a malware. Get Norton 360 or kapersky, or MSE to do a quick scan and it should fix that. Hope this helps guys, :)
VeilStar
I don't think there's much of anything we can possibly suggest in that case. Try it on a different connection on the same PC. If that works it's a routing issue, in which case you would contact your ISP. Other than that... I'm clueless.
Topic Starter
DexFrild
So, DualAkira's post helpless for me. Tried to connect the internet cable with and without wi-fi router. I guess osu! died for this computer XD
Thank you guys for suggestions!
Wingman626

DexFrild wrote:

So, DualAkira's post helpless for me. Tried to connect the internet cable with and without wi-fi router. I guess osu! died for this computer XD
Thank you guys for suggestions!
hmmm

i mean you could still try dualakira's post and see if it'll help. who knows maybe it will help.

a question though

is the osu client is having connection issues in its entirety or is the problem only that it cannot update?

also, what anti-virus are you using?
Yuii-
Okay, so in the Spanish Forum it happened THE SAME.

I recommended this guy to do the following:

Yuii- wrote:

1. Reboot your PC and check out that there's no external program causing this problem.
2. Run osu!me.exe from your osu! Folder
3. Delete osu!.exe from your Folder and re-run osu!me.exe
4. Run osu! as Admin, as you may not have some permissions in your User.
5. Delete osu!.db and repeat everything mentioned above.
6. Make sure that your anti-virus o any other external program isn't blocking the access.
7. Change to OpenGL (or DirectX) from osu!.User in "Renderer = " Option.
Hope this works!
Topic Starter
DexFrild

Yuii- wrote:

1. Reboot your PC and check out that there's no external program causing this problem.
2. Run osu!me.exe from your osu! Folder
4. Run osu! as Admin, as you may not have some permissions in your User.
5. Delete osu!.db and repeat everything mentioned above.
6. Make sure that your anti-virus o any other external program isn't blocking the access.
7. Change to OpenGL (or DirectX) from osu!.User in "Renderer = " Option.

Hope this works!
May be I didn't understand smth, but...
4. Run osu! as Admin
...How, if I deleted it? After running osume/updater (I tried to do it with the both versions) osu!.exe doesn't appear.
Anyway, thanks.

wingman626 wrote:

i mean you could still try dualakira's post and see if it'll help. who knows maybe it will help.

a question though

is the osu client is having connection issues in its entirety or is the problem only that it cannot update?

also, what anti-virus are you using?
I did it step by step, as DualAkira wrote. Unfortunately, didn't work.

Neither osu client nor osu updater can be connected to server.

I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials.
Yuii-

Yuzuru wrote:

I also experience this problem today

and i fixed it by letting the osu windows keep running. seems that even it writes " an error .... " it will still try to update. cmiiw
That's all I have.
Topic Starter
DexFrild

Yuii- wrote:

Yuzuru wrote:

I also experience this problem today

and i fixed it by letting the osu windows keep running. seems that even it writes " an error .... " it will still try to update. cmiiw
That's all I have.
I left updater running all last night.. Nothing new.
RvNovae
did you check your pc for viruses?
abraker

DexFrild wrote:

EDIT:
Rescanned. No viruses.
He already did.

Try this as the last thing: t/320056

If not, then we are all out of solutions. Let's face it, it's one of those things that will start working when you least expect it, may it be today or a month from now.
Topic Starter
DexFrild
Sad story...

Topic Starter
DexFrild
The funniest thing - that happened, when I have two whole weeks for osu! and my friend gave me his tablet for this short time :D
abraker

abraker wrote:

If not, then we are all out of solutions.
I am all out of solutions. All I can do is help you troubleshoot. So to figure out whether it is the computer that is not letting you to access osu's servers or the ISP/firewall, download VMware Player and a copy of windows (preferably win 7) and try running osu in the virtual machine. If it still doesn't work, the problem lies within the network you are connected to. If it works, your computers settings don't allow it to access or you more than likely have a virus hiding somewhere.

If you don't have a windows 7 installation disk on you, you can also download Windows 8 Enterprise, which will work for 90 days (plenty enough time to test this) here
Topic Starter
DexFrild
May be, when Peppy removed "coins" from general code, he was touched somehing important? I don't think he is inattentive, no. He is working too many years for do it by inattention, but we are all making mistakes in spite of our skill in some things that we are doing well. I'm not a coder and I could be wrong, but may be it is really something in code? Can you check it again, if you are reading this, Peppy. Please.
And one more thing I remember. One day I downloaded opengl version for osu!. Usually, I use DirectX. Could it somehow influenced even after reinstalling into other location?
show more