forum

[Archived] Currently getting Lag spikes that freeze my screen mid map.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Meganekko
Problem Details: Every 20 - 30 seconds I encounter a sudden lag spike, however this only happened after the update that introduced the coins, which i enjoyed as a joke, however the problem persisted even after the next "update" which removed them. I cannot seem to find the source of why this is happening when it was never like this before. I have not changed any of the core settings the game runs on as i never encountered this issue before and it mainly persists to happen when i am playing a map. It will only occasionally happen when I am sitting at the menu. (every 10 minutes or so) I have restarted my computer, and it still persists. Just curious if there is knowledge of this already, as I cannot find any.

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
Mofu kun
switch the renderer, turn off filters, limit framerate.

try these, and also ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date
Topic Starter
Meganekko
Currently switched renderer from DirectX to OpenGL, turned off filters, and frame rate was already limited to 60.
Wingman626

D3AD VIGILANCE wrote:

Currently switched renderer from DirectX to OpenGL, turned off filters, and frame rate was already limited to 60.
this feels like t/315410 but that threads issue is about fps drops and not freezing.

still, its best to do the small and obvious tasks first and rule them out before we dive head first into troubleshooting an issue.

try out the options in t/314473 as sort of a "pre-cautionary" first step

---------
UPDATE:: forgot to mention some "Basic Troubleshooting Steps" and "Game lag common causes and solutions"

those links are pretty much the usual that i was talking about, but i wanted to list this as well since its pretty much a few of the things from the "one-stop shop for- important osu! information"
Topic Starter
Meganekko
Thanks, I'll look into them and i guess give a report back here after I've done what i can.