forum

[Archived] Micro lag after first Spinner

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Triforceguard
Problem Details:

Every time I start up Osu i get a short lag after the first Spinner I clear (about half a second). My Game runs constantly at 240 fps wen playing maps, the lag only happens after the first Spinner after starting up the Game (even if I play maps without a Spinner bevore) - any other works perfectly. It would be awsome (and would save me a lot of frustration) if anyone could help.

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
VeilStar
If it's the same as t/314037 then try out the suggestions posted there. I have no idea myself tbh.
Topic Starter
Triforceguard
Changed the Renderer to OpenGL, the lags seem to have gone. Everything runs smoothly again.

Thanks for the quick reply, VeilStar!
VeilStar
No problem. Though it shouldn't happen on DirectX either. I'm not sure what the cause could be.

Could you elaborate on what type of lag it is?

Also did does this happen on any skin?

(If you don't wan't to keep going on about this that's fine too, just let me know in that case, but I would call this a work-around and not a fix.)
Topic Starter
Triforceguard
I somehow didn't get notified about this post.
If it's still of any relevance: I *guess* I found the problem. The Lag was a short freeze (~half a second) with no lower framerate after that. It happened on a Downloaded Skin with some self made Textures, I believe it was because of some problem with the Spinner-Clear Texture.
I can't tell if it was something wrong with te file itself or if it was missing completly, since I edited the Skin further a few days ago (I copied 4 textures in but only 3 were overwritten, according to windows, wich means the Spinner-Clear texture could have also been missing). After that the lags were gone.
Thank you again for your help!