forum

Cutting out a certain part of a beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
trash aim_old
So basically i watched this one guy stream and he had a beatmap which consisted of only a certain ~20 second long part of the actual ranked map (which was the hard part obviously) in order to practice that part, or the pattern in general.

Now, I honestly don't have the slightest clue how the editor works and can't seem to figure out how to do this after experimenting for a while, but I would greatly appreciate if you could enlighten me on the subject, I just hope you understand what I'm talking about and won't bash me too badly for asking this question.

Thanks in advance !
xxdeathx
Open the map in the editor, look at the top timeline where the objects are arranged.

Scroll to the point before the point you want to practice, put your cursor in the timeline (but not on an object), press and hold the left click button, and move the cursor to the left so the timeline starts moving with you selecting all the objects from the beginning of the map to the point you want. Delete them after you selected everything.

Repeat for all the objects that come after the point you want to practice if you want. Just make sure to move the cursor all the way to the right to select the objects.

After only the objects you want are left in the editor, go File -> Save as a new difficulty.
blissfulyoshi
There are a few ways you can go about it. You can just go to that part in the editor, and just testplay it.

If you want something selectable from the normal play mode, remove all notes before and after the section, save, and then play it in play mode. You will have a long section, you will have to skip over, but that is all.

Edit: T_T ninjaed.
Topic Starter
trash aim_old
awesome, thanks for quick replies :)
XNephilimX
There is no option called save as a new difficulty
Kibbleru

XNephilimX wrote:

There is no option called save as a new difficulty

Don't revive old posts.

I believe it's called "Create a new difficulty" instead now