forum

[Archived] Drastic framerate drops!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stretchmyjerky
Problem Details: Right, to put it simply. After having Osu! open for a while, sometimes it can take just a few hours. The frame rate just constantly starts dropping since the latest version of cutting edge. I am not the only one having this probelm.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150306.4cuttingedge
VeilStar
Pretty sure I've seen someone report this before in the CuttingEdge thread.
(Though I can't seem to find the post now.)

Does this happen on the Stable release stream aswell?
If not report it here, after making sure no one has reported it already.
Topic Starter
stretchmyjerky

VeilStar wrote:

Does this happen on the Stable release stream aswell?
I'm not so sure to be honest :(
TheVileOne
I can confirm that my framerate dropped after a long time. I had to restart to correct it. I don't recommend leaving the game open.
Topic Starter
stretchmyjerky

TheVileOne wrote:

I can confirm that my framerate dropped after a long time. I had to restart to correct it. I don't recommend leaving the game open.
The problem is, it has only been doing it since the latest cutting edge update so its possible they did something wrong :/
abraker

TheVileOne wrote:

I have lag spikes only while I am playing osu!mania (never on menu or such), and those happen randomly every 4-7 maps or so. I do leave osu open for extended periods of time (keeping it open for weeks, hibernating and resuming the computer everyday).
Arnold0
I reported it in cutting edge topic, saying that since triangles came back it does this, and they said triangles were put back for TWC, but they are still here now so I guess they will be here unti TWC finals :<
I have a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmapXp-tfE , of me clearing a map at 40FPS after the game was opened for almost 12 hours, but FPS drops are already noticeable after the game is opened for 2 hours (I have 300FPS usually, after 2 hours they are already at or below 120FPS) also, after I took that video I saw that osu! was using 10% CPU all the time even when in background.
elgen
I'm having the same issue with client version b20150306.4. At game launch I'm at around 1600fps, and dropping with around 100-200fps every 5 minutes, forcing me to frequently restart the game.