forum

[Archived] Can't submit beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CocoTom
Problem Details: When I click file>upload beatmap I get this message "this beatmap you're trying to submit isn't owned by you". I was going to submit it earlier, and it was no proble, but I canceled the submission because I just remembered i had som more things I wanted to add.

I have searched and it seems like others have had this problem as well, but the solutions they got didnt work for me.

I've checked if the creator name is right, and I know it should be, because its grayed out and I could submit the beatmap earlier.

The problem is that whenever I try to submit, the beatmapsetID changes from -1 to some random number (256939)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
lenpai
Try this:
Rename all current diffs to "test (diff)" and make new difficulty out of the with the same notes and settings. Rename the new difficulties to the name tou want. Delete all test diffs. That should work.
Topic Starter
CocoTom
It didnt work :(
Thank you for the reply though
lenpai
Lol time to take this to the extremes.
Make a new mapset with the same diffs and settings (bpm and offset) but no notes.
When done, copy the notes from the .osu or text file and paste it in the new mapset.

If the mapset goes batshit insane, make a test diff from the same map and delete it (to stabilize theoriginal map)

If this doesn't work well idk.
JBHyperion
I had this exact problem a while ago when trying to submit, and tried all manner of different solutions such as:
  1. Check the username in each difficulty's .osu text file is correct
  2. Ensure that BeatmapID is set to "0" and BeatmapSetID is set to "-1", also in each .osu file
  3. Copy the notes into a "new" song as the previous poster suggested
  4. Even asking someone else to try uploading the map
but with no success. (By all means try these though, they may work for you.)

The problem I had was that my mp3 filename started with a number, e.g. "01 <song name>.mp3", a common format to outline song number in an album and the like. The issue with this is that when you first add the music file and start mapping, osu! creates a folder with the same name as your mp3's filename. If there's a number here, e.g. "01", then the folder will begin with "01" as well.

Normally, unsubmitted maps have no number preceeding them, and get assigned a BeatmapID once they are submitted. However, if you have a number here, BSS *thinks* that that number is the BeatmapID, and therefore, that it's already been submitted... Almost certainly by someone else.

For example, if your song folder starts with "01", BSS believes that this mapset is "the 1st submitted beatmap" - https://osu.ppy.sh/s/1 - which was created by peppy over 7 years ago! As a matter of fact, whenever I /np'ed my map in chat before it was submitted, it generated a link to this mapset when in reality, it should never have had a link (no way for people to access it on BSS since I hadn't submitted it yet).

tl;dr - check to see if your mp3 filename has a number at the start of it. If it does, remove it from both the filename itself and also the entry under [General] AudioFilename: at the start of each .osu text file, then try to submit again.

Hopefully this helps you! I know how much of a pain it was trying to fix this myself >.<
Topic Starter
CocoTom
I'll try both of these out...thanks for replies :D
I just remembered that I mapped part of it on another pc, so I'll check if that may have something to do with it as well
LuminaCreator
I find your problem and i anwser you 2 years later xD

First copy the audio file (.mp3)
Paste it on your desktop
Create a new map with the copied audio
Type "test" everywhere
Copy from [event] in .osu text file
Paste it on the new map
Removes the first map
Restart your game
And it's good you can finally publish it

Sorry for bad english :D
Topic Starter
CocoTom

LuminaCreator wrote:

Paste it on your desktop
Type "test" everywhere
Paste it on the new map
Removes the first map
Restart your game
And it's good you can finally publish it

Sorry for bad english :D
I did find a solution to the problem, although I don't remember how I did it :P
Thanks for answering anyways, if I ever get this problem again I'll have this answer to look back to.
Much appreciated :D
Unknown_player

LuminaCreator wrote:

Paste it on your desktop
Type "test" everywhere
Paste it on the new map
Removes the first map
Restart your game