forum

Tag System

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Aoitenshi
Ok, this is simply to make the map you like to play easier to find, Tag system, it's simply a Tag that mark that the map is authentic or whatever.

I think the basic tag is :
- Streams (Shows you Maps that has a lot of 1/4 or something)
- Jumps (Shows you the map that features many jumps)
- Authentic (Authentic map, that's all)
- Fast (Fast slider and wide spacing map)
- Confusing (Confusing map)
- Simple (For whatever looks simple, maybe to beginner)
- Tag (Simply Map that specially for TAG)
- Impossible (If) (As the name said)

And the player who played is the one who tag the map, as Streams, Jump, or whatever. So it makes easier for player to find what kind of maps they liked.
Arusha Shuna
i dunno :/
the beatmap listing is just as fine as it is

nope, sorry :|
anonymous_old
Should be automated like DDR.
Zetta
Doesn't sound like a bad idea, there could maybe be a filter to filter out the types of maps too so I can avoid ever having to play stream maps. :>
Guy-kun

Zettaslow wrote:

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, there could maybe be a filter to filter out the types of maps too so I can avoid ever having to play stream maps. :>
Fag.

I support this, could be an aimod addition? suggesting the tags be added to maps
TKiller
I don't support this.

Lots of people won't need this info but will see it always in the beatmap listing, this can distract or make people misjudge the map before playing it.

Just how much maps will recieve this tag, you ever thought about that?
Ok, probably codable, but can't imagine why would I need this tag or how could it help me.
I don't get it. Taiko? Most taiko mappers care about authentics, therefore making this tag to stick to every one of them. Ouendan authentics? Seen a lot lately?
What is "fast" differs from person to person, this'd add confusion.
How are you supposed to code this? And what is "confusing" also differs.
Oh Jesus, this maps got a big nice word [Easy] written in their difficulty name field.
...and this ones have even bigger word TAG on them, all in caps.
What is impossible? Non-100%able maps? They don't get ranked.
peppy
This is quite easy to add to the new difficulty star system, at some point. Whether it is useful or not is a different question.
LuigiHann

peppy wrote:

This is quite easy to add to the new difficulty star system, at some point. Whether it is useful or not is a different question.
I think there'd be some merit to it. You could also use that data to facilitate a "similar maps" search button
Guy-kun
I think it'd be helpful/nice and support it,
however after what TKiller said, lol, I didn't really read past the second tag...
We'd need some better tags than 'simple' and 'confusing' v.v

but a way to show a map has lots of streams, or lots of jumps or 'triplets' and such would be really nicefor training etc and when you're like setts and don't like a specific type
Topic Starter
Aoitenshi

TKiller wrote:

I don't support this.

Lots of people won't need this info but will see it always in the beatmap listing, this can distract or make people misjudge the map before playing it.

Just how much maps will recieve this tag, you ever thought about that? Yeah, a LOT. Right? But Read the post again,

Aoitenshi wrote:

Ok, probably codable, but can't imagine why would I need this tag or how could it help me. Stupid, JUST Stupid
I don't get it. Taiko? Most taiko mappers care about authentics, therefore making this tag to stick to every one of them. Ouendan authentics? Seen a lot lately? Don't Stop Me Now? :D
What is "fast" differs from person to person, this'd add confusion. True.
How are you supposed to code this? And what is "confusing" also differs. Stupid, JUST Stupid
Oh Jesus, this maps got a big nice word [Easy] written in their difficulty name field. [/color]

Aoitenshi wrote:

...and this ones have even bigger word TAG on them, all in caps. So.
What is impossible? Non-100%able maps? They don't get ranked.[/color]

Aoitenshi wrote:

Hey you... Couldn't you READ them carefully? Even I post it, It doesn't really mean it will be added.
Can't you read this?

Aoitenshi wrote:

And the player who played is the one who tag the map, as Streams, Jump, or whatever. So it makes easier for player to find what kind of maps they liked.
Ephemeral

LuigiHann wrote:

peppy wrote:

I think there'd be some merit to it. You could also use that data to facilitate a "similar maps" search button
Could also use the values to draw of those spiffy DDR difficulty hexagon things

Though where you'd stick that in the interface is beyond me
Sakura
I dont support this, Easier maps are simpler, Insane maps are more chaotic, TAG maps have TAG in their diff names, do you need any more?
Entozer
Guys... he wants to add a "tag system" which means, YOU (the player) will be able to TAG THE MAPS ACCORDINGLY.

Think of it as putting this song to favorite a and that song to favorite b, but in this case, you tag it.

...if that even makes sense.
mm201
I support more of a Gmail style tag system, which would supersede this request.
Derekku
If this weren't automated, then wouldn't it just be viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16809 ?
Ekaru

Derekku Chan wrote:

If this weren't automated, then wouldn't it just be viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16809 ?
No, it wouldn't.

That is asking for *self* tags (only for your client). This is asking for people to be able to make *global* tags that would apply to website searches and stuff.
mm201
No, this request is about local tags, only the local tags are hardcoded:

Aoitenshi wrote:

And the player who played is the one who tag the map
Derekku: Right, but that thread is almost a year old.
Ekaru

MetalMario201 wrote:

No, this request is about local tags, only the local tags are hardcoded:

Aoitenshi wrote:

And the player who played is the one who tag the map
Derekku: Right, but that thread is almost a year old.

I read it again after being confused.

Nevermind, yeah, it's the same thing. Oops.
TheVileOne
This would be so useful if the maps had tags denoting the type of gameplay in the map. i'm curious on how it would work though. There are a LOT more beatmaps since this idea was requested.