forum

[Archived] Windowed Mode. Raw input lags

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Muchaszewski
Problem Details:
There is notificable diffrence playing windowed and fullscreen with mouse on raw input.

I've played a lot with fullscreen but (its bugged soon will post this as well) now i have to change to windowed from various reason. A first i didnt notice any change but after some while i felt that something is wrong, so i switch to fullscreen to see what is going on. On fullscreen version my mouse felt more responsive and without lag input that you can notice on windowed.

Both modes i have stable 120 fps.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Unable to capture because its only visible while playing by yourself. I hope i dont lose my mind :?

osu! version: 20150109.1 (latest)
Tom94

Muchaszewski wrote:

Problem Details:
There is notificable diffrence playing windowed and fullscreen with mouse on raw input.

I've played a lot with fullscreen but (its bugged soon will post this as well) now i have to change to windowed from various reason. A first i didnt notice any change but after some while i felt that something is wrong, so i switch to fullscreen to see what is going on. On fullscreen version my mouse felt more responsive and without lag input that you can notice on windowed.

Both modes i have stable 120 fps.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Unable to capture because its only visible while playing by yourself. I hope i dont lose my mind :?

osu! version: 20150109.1 (latest)
That's normal. The desktop window manager enforces VSync on top of all applications running inside it, causing a higher input latency compared to running full-screen.

You can disable this if you are running Windows 7 or earlier. If you run windows 8 or higher, then there is no way to fix this, sorry.
Topic Starter
Muchaszewski

Tom94 wrote:

That's normal. The desktop window manager enforces VSync on top of all applications running inside it, causing a higher input latency compared to running full-screen.

You can disable this if you are running Windows 7 or earlier. If you run windows 8 or higher, then there is no way to fix this, sorry.
It would be neat to add this issue to faq some sort, because i bet you a lot of people will report it as they find it out.
[ Violet ]
Is it really "impossible" to get rid of this input delay in w8? I don't like to play in fullscreen because I have chat windows etc that I like to see while playing and doing other stuff and I can't play with the comfortable sens on my mouse in fullscreen either because it's too low.

Would be great if some kind of fix were put in the Osu! options :/
Ntasuto
You can try this software. I don't know how it works exactly but it tweaks your registry and mouse movements are more smooth after using it in windowed mode.

http://puu.sh/ft8ch/9a8b27dea3.rar

1. Extract
2. Open
3. Direct the program to the Osu.exe. and click open.
4. A small window will appear. Click enable.

If it doesnt work or you get some issues open the program again and disable it .
Kaitsu
This archive contains a virus...
Bara-
Don't bump old marked threads please...