forum

Click SB Trigger

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Torran

Current Topic wrote:

Click SB Trigger
The player can trigger certain SB parts by clicking an area of the screen during specific time intervals.

Previously Discussed Topics wrote:

New SB Trigger?
Click SB trigger.

Easter Eggs in Maps
Hidden SB in maps.

Bonus Beat
Hidden beat that grants players extra points.
FurukawaPan
I see where you're going with this.

One refinement I might suggest, rather than making it invisible, just make it really hard to hit and mark it in play as bonus by having it flash or something. Really hard to hit, as maybe, other side of the screen while the main combo stays on the one side? The mapper will mark such beats as optional in the editor, and missing these will not break your combo in play (or display an X). Hitting them should be worth .. the same? 300/100/50, but if these are scattered through your map, a player hitting them all will raise their combo size considerably and get a bigger score.
peppy
I don't get it. How do you know they are there is you can't see them..? Random clicking? Sounds a bit lame...
Topic Starter
Torran

peppy wrote:

I don't get it. How do you know they are there is you can't see them..? Random clicking? Sounds a bit lame...
That's why I suggested an area to click to make things easier. Creative people can use this with SBs to hint at a hidden beat via visual or audio cue.
Gens
This actually reminds me of GuitarFreaks hidden notes. :)

It would involve a bit of random clicking AND it would be map specific, but it would be pretty fun. In GF, when you find a hidden note, you can see more hidden notes for a bit more than a second. With tips on where they are, whether they appear between the notes themselves (for example, a circular slider could have a note in the center) or SBed would make things a lot more fun (and fair in one sense).

What ruins the fun is that you would go to the editor and just look at the revealed notes there. Even though a little bit of the challenge would still be there, it won't be the same.

I still throw my support in case this doesn't get denied.

EDIT: I think in GF they are called "secret" notes instead, can't remember.
peppy
I totally disagree.
ouranhshc
is this like the arrow thing on DDR Extreme 2
Starrodkirby86

ouranhshc wrote:

is this like the arrow thing on DDR Extreme 2
Yeah, if you're talking about Dance Master Mode's secret notes.

I don't really agree with this...especially if they cause a change in score (e.g. over Max combo/Max accuracy).
Derekku
Hidden notes in maps? No.
Hidden easter eggs in maps? :O!
Topic Starter
Torran

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I don't really agree with this...especially if they cause a change in score (e.g. over Max combo/Max accuracy).
I agree, which is why it doesn't have to change the score.

Derekku Chan wrote:

Hidden easter eggs in maps? :O!
Now this is interesting, thank you! OP has been changed.

It was never my intention for this feature request to be added in its current state. There is much changing to be done, hm.
0_o
What kind of easter eggs? Like a storyboard trigger for clicking on a SB/Background element?
Topic Starter
Torran

0_o wrote:

What kind of easter eggs? Like a storyboard trigger for clicking on a SB/Background element?
Could be. I dunno. Good idea. I should be more detailed in my explanations, hm. Let's recap, shall we.

1. This idea began with Space Channel 5 as my current avatar shows what I'm currently interested in.
2. Space Channel 5 Part 2

Note the beginning where two morolians pop out from the side of the screen. Your brain should figure out the rest from there.
3. The idea was presented but received mostly negative feedback, mostly because it involved the score which would lead players to randomly click the screen to find these "hidden" beats.
4. The original feature request was revised to a click storyboard trigger. The player can trigger certain SB parts by clicking an area of the screen during specific time intervals. This is the current feature request. OP has been updated.
peppy
I have nothing against clickable SB triggers. They would add a new dimension to interaction. They have been on the planned list to an extent (SB events on-every-click and on-beat-click) but not as location specific. This can be added.
LuigiHann
I wish people would make new threads instead of rendering existing conversations unreadable

That said I love space channel 5's campy stylishness and would enjoy having more maps about it
Kitsunemimi
Wouldn't somebody just be able to pop open the .osu/.osb and find out about these things?
Gabi
it sounds interesting, but it feels kind of strange that it would add points to the score.
Topic Starter
Torran

LuigiHann wrote:

I wish people would make new threads instead of rendering existing conversations unreadable
I would've had to made three threads relating to the same topic and I find that wasteful.

Harris73 wrote:

Wouldn't somebody just be able to pop open the .osu/.osb and find out about these things?
osz2

Gabi wrote:

it sounds interesting, but it feels kind of strange that it would add points to the score.

soradg123 wrote:

3. The idea was presented but received mostly negative feedback, mostly because it involved the score which would lead players to randomly click the screen to find these "hidden" beats.
4. The original feature request was revised to a click storyboard trigger. The player can trigger certain SB parts by clicking an area of the screen during specific time intervals. This is the current feature request. My fault, I'll change the OP to prevent any more confusion.
peppy
@soradg: the problem with thread readability is that you totally edited your first post. Everything after that no longer makes progressive sense. Please avoid doing this in the future.
mm201

peppy wrote:

I have nothing against clickable SB triggers. They would add a new dimension to interaction. They have been on the planned list to an extent (SB events on-every-click and on-beat-click) but not as location specific. This can be added.
+∞ support for on-beat-click, especially if it can be tagged to a specific object.
awp

Harris73 wrote:

How many people actually know how to read OSB code, though?
How many people actually bother to read OSB code, though?

Besides, it's just an Easter egg. It's not supposed to be hidden never to be found.
show more