forum

When loading storyboard with errors, "skip all" error messag

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Dusty
So today I made a storyboard with what seems to be a gazillion errors (because I forgot to put int() on the start time and end time on my Fades making them all decimals and confusing osu!...) and so therefore osu! decides to give me a gazillion error boxes. That really sucks.

It would be nice if osu! gave you an option "Skip all" on the first error message box, which would skip showing you the rest of the errors and just let you get on with editing.

EDIT: topic title got screwed up
peppy
Can you screenshot the errors? There should really only be one.
Topic Starter
Dusty
Here are 4 error messages of an intentionally bad .osb. (it's not error messages from a crash or anything, after they're finished I can go back to editing and everything)

I'm using Windows 7, with whatever the latest public build is (1553?) but it's been like this for a while. Is this not supposed to happen?

I guess if you want the .osb I used to make those screenshots, it's attached and for that map

Download: IOSYS - Artificial Children (Sakura301).osb
Zekira
I don't approve of this. I think it would be best that the SBer be notified on which lines there is actually a problem.
Kitsunemimi
Well, you'd probably have to fix them eventually anyways right? So if you just fixed them in the first place, you wouldn't have to care about this.
anonymous_old
Error handling should be better, yeah...

The problem is that you're giving a non-integer time, which osu! won't accept. Use osq's int(), or maybe osu! can be more lenient with times and positions of SB objects.
Topic Starter
Dusty

strager wrote:

Error handling should be better, yeah...

The problem is that you're giving a non-integer time, which osu! won't accept. Use osq's int(), or maybe osu! can be more lenient with times and positions of SB objects.
I know, but when I forget it once in an .osq it can create a hundred/thousand/what have you problems, so I have to force-kill osu!. I don't really need osu! telling me I made the same error 1000 times...
anonymous_old
"osu! has detected some problems with your storyboard script. Would you like to view them? Yes/No"

Then, when the user selects yes, list them in a scrollable text box in another dialog.
vytalibus
Going a bit off-topic, but how about a log of all the SB errors in that specific map? It could be added to the song folder as a notepad or something, and mappers can just check that out.

strager wrote:

"osu! has detected some problems with your storyboard script. Would you like to view them? Yes/No"

Then, when the user selects yes, list them in a scrollable text box in another dialog.
Or we can opt for something like this as well, though it should be notified whenever the mapper uploads a map that still has SB errors, just for modding purposes.