forum

[Archived] Osu files not working.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheSlapGamer
Problem Details: When ever i download a beat map or a skin it says that "I dont have a program associated with this type of file" and wont open the file. How do i fix this??

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150103.8 (latest)
- Marco -
Drag the file inside osu!
IA42

marcostudios wrote:

Drag the file inside osu!
Or right click the song file and choose "open with", after that you will see this window

Click "Browser" and find the osu!.exe in game folder (The osu!.exe should be in "C:/Program File/osu!") and click ok
Topic Starter
TheSlapGamer
It worked when i dragged it but all i used to have to do is open it. Also when i tried to make it a default program it just did nothing and nothing changed... AND NOW it wants to open it with internet explorer for some reason?!?!
VeilStar

TheSlapGamer wrote:

It worked when i dragged it but all i used to have to do is open it. Also when i tried to make it a default program it just did nothing and nothing changed... AND NOW it wants to open it with internet explorer for some reason?!?!
l2pc plz

No but seriously... You just have to set the correct file/program association. It's not that hard.
IA42's screenshot already shows everything.
Just right click a beatmap file -> propreties -> open with -> browe -> browe to your osu!.exe -> select it -> click ok -> done.
Topic Starter
TheSlapGamer
When I try to make the file default open with osu it doesn't work. It achieves absolutely nothing i press osu.exe and the window disappear. However when I do it with other types of files it works. I know its nothing wrong with osu because i reinstalled it about 10 times now.
TheVileOne
Try toggling run as administrator for the program.
Topic Starter
TheSlapGamer
How do you do that?
IA42
Right click the program and choose "Run as administrator"
Topic Starter
TheSlapGamer
That did nothing I don't need to open the game it's self I need to open the files but I guess I'm fine with just dragging the file into the game so unless any body has any good ideas I'm just gonna forget about it.
TheVileOne
You can handle it manually through RegEdit if Windows doesn't let you do it via right clicking.

Search for regedit.exe in your task search bar and run it.

Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT key

You will see a long list of associated file extensions. Search for .osz. If there isn't one there you can make one. (Right-click -> New Key) and set the name as .osz.

Click the key to select it, and select the default key. Right click -> Modifiy and in the Value field put osu!
GamerEmre44444
when ı try to download it its say no files found so ı cant do anything pls help