Star Shooter
183 posts
Update 4/18/2016

The basic and basic+ now use the same Pro-Micro microcontroller that the LED and RGB use! This means a few things:

No more 8 seconds of bootloader mode upon plugging it in.
Same code base between models, making everything more cohesive.
1000hz polling rate!

Another big announcement is my new implementation of a button remapping system!

Guide: http://thnikk.moe/guides/remap/
This is implemented on every model INCLUDING the basic and basic+.
The old 8-second hold button swapper has been removed from the LED and RGB models in favor of simplicity.

Last but not least is a price cut! All models have gone down in price (prices are in USD and for base models.)

RGBW - $32 to $29
LED - $28 to $25
Basic+ - $25 to $22
Basic - $22 to $19
I make keypads, check them out [here]

i almost dont suck at the game
Rhythm Incarnate
925 posts
Thnikk wrote:
Update 4/18/2016

The basic and basic+ now use the same Pro-Micro microcontroller that the LED and RGB use! This means a few things:

No more 8 seconds of bootloader mode upon plugging it in.
Same code base between models, making everything more cohesive.
1000hz polling rate!

i hoped knew this was going to happen at some point
great update tho :D
Tempo Trainee
14 posts
Are you still selling these keypads? I've been looking to purchase one
Whistle Blower
28 posts
How is the tape function. You can clean it easy but on some point it shouldn't hold anymore?
Star Shooter
183 posts
Update 5/3/16

Something is in development...

Bottlecap wrote:
Are you still selling these keypads? I've been looking to purchase one

Yes, they have been up except for the RGB which I hope to have back up by next week. Links to the shop and specific products are in the OP!

Cerberus wrote:
How is the tape function. You can clean it easy but on some point it shouldn't hold anymore?

It can hold for a very long time and can be cleaned with rubbing alcohol when water stops working well, but I would like to start including spare strips in the future. I'll try to get that sorted when my development is completed.

Rhythm Incarnate
924 posts
Have you considered creating a mounting platform instead? I strapped mine to a cellphone stand, which is a ghetto way of doing it.

Cellphone stand helps with the rubber feet issues
Build your own osu! keyboard here:
t/411237/start=0

For those that swear their existence to keyboards --> https://geekhack.org/ || https://deskthority.net || https://mechanicalkeyboards.com
Star Shooter
183 posts
The Gambler wrote:
Have you considered creating a mounting platform instead? I strapped mine to a cellphone stand, which is a ghetto way of doing it.

Cellphone stand helps with the rubber feet issues

I have actually considered doing something like this (bringing a metal mousepad with me when I go out for testing to stick it to.) The biggest issue would be the shipping costs for international customers, but I could look for something and try it with a US only option on the shop.

Tempo Trainee
14 posts
I just put in an order for a basic keypad with gateron clears, so excited!
Star Shooter
183 posts
Update 5/3/16

4k keypad code is done!
I plan on finishing the hardware prototype this week and will hopefully have it up on the shop by the end of the month. I'll post more details when the hardware is done.

Website has been redesigned: http://thnikk.moe/
I've switched to bootstrap to make everything cleaner and responsive. I was getting tired of the old look and I think it's a lot better now. The reprogramming guide has also been updated for my current keypads. The old guide is currently not available, but I do plan on getting it back up soon for people who have older keypads.

RGBW keypad is back in stock.
Keypop keycaps (8-bit heart, look of fury, and cloudy) are on their way and should be back up by the end of the week.

Edit: Keypop keycaps are back!

Rhythm Incarnate
5,495 posts
p/5128930

You gon' get shut down by the mods thinkk xdddd
Image Image
Star Shooter
183 posts
Khelly wrote:
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/5128930

You gon' get shut down by the mods thinkk xdddd

I would hope not. I haven't been using this thread as much for promotion as I have for feedback. I think I have a good reputation as far as sales are concerned (average of 5 stars for reviews 8-) ) and I don't handle any sales through the forum, everything is done through Etsy. This thread is great because it lets me talk to you guys and get feedback on my products FROM the community that I'm making them for. Speaking of which...

4k Keypad!

The design is still pending and I'll be making 2 more prototypes within the next few days just to play around with it a little bit, but I'd like to get some feedback from you guys in the mean time.

LED modes

Cycle - Does a cascading rainbow effect. This was shown off in the video I posted above, but now also has a built-in reactive mode that turns the LEDs white when pressed.
Taiko - Changes to taiko colors (orange inside blue outside)
Project Diva - I made this one mostly for myself for playing the PSP project diva games though PPSSPP but it's just the sony color scheme layed out in the same way as the Project Diva Arcade. I was planning on doing most of my testing with the game since I suck at taiko and osu!mania (using two of them.)
Custom - Set the color of each individual LED. Could replace the Taiko and Project Diva modes but I think I'd like to have them all.
BPS - Same as the BPS mode on the 2 key RGBW keypad, changes color depending on how many times the key is pressed per second but per-key instead.

Port location
The port is on the back since the controller fit inside the case vertically. It could go on the left side like it does on my other models, but I think this is more accommodating if someone wanted to use two of them together (like I want to with my testing.)

Edit: also thinking that the side button doesn't make any sense on the left side anymore since one-handed use would tie up your pinky leaving only your thumb free. I think I will try the middle of the front.

Edit 2: Button moved
collapsed text

Rhythm Incarnate
2,788 posts
I wouldn't be worried, the mods just shut down stuff on a whim without giving their actual reasons.

If they tried to shut down this post, rest assured there'd be a shitstorm and it'd be unlocked.
Rhythm Incarnate
924 posts
Thnikk wrote:

4k Keypad!

Good call on those keycaps. I always have a problem with fingers slipping loose on my 4K set but can't be justified to order keycaps online except for when I want a full set...
Build your own osu! keyboard here:
t/411237/start=0

For those that swear their existence to keyboards --> https://geekhack.org/ || https://deskthority.net || https://mechanicalkeyboards.com
Star Shooter
183 posts
Update 6/3/16

So this is more of a halfway-update, but one that I'm still excited about.

Parts for the 4k model are on their way!
They should be up on the shop in about a week.

A new project...
collapsed text
As some of you may know, Project Diva Future Tone is coming out on the 23rd of June! I'm a huge fan of the series and I even picked up a ps4 just to play it. I made a post about a year ago about my attempts at making a controller for the PS3/PSTV but the dualshock 3 was a huge pain to work with and it ended up not working.

Since I already had a DS4 before I bought the PS4, I had an extra and decided to revisit the idea. This time it worked perfectly! I'm still using the same Ikea screw case and Chinese buttons I used last year and I have absolutely no experience with any arcade-style controllers.

Prototype 0.1

With it working, I decided I wanted to try to make a real one that doesn't suck and look like a 4th grade arts and crafts project so I made a mockup in Fusion360.

Concept prototype 1.0

This made me a lot more excited. Now I have some clear Sanwa buttons and a case like the one in the render on the way so hopefully I can make a slightly less shiny version of the one above! I don't know if this is something that I would like to make and sell, but since it doesn't really pertain to osu I'd like to not talk about it too much here. I just wanted to share with you guys because I thought the render came out really cool. I'll try to post about it more when the parts come in on twitter, so follow me if you're interested! [link]

Beat Clicker
55 posts
I don't want to make it seem like your fault or anything, but I have encountered problems with the keypad which bring me to ask if the keypad isn't compatible with some OS? I currently have windows 7 but it has brought up several (small) issues. Nothing serious but I'm just curious.
Reply 575 posts jump | prev  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  next