Rhythm Rookie
3 posts
Just got mine today. LED R2 with Gateron Clear Switches.

Shipping took around 3 weeks and cost a hefty 22 dollars. But I gotta say, it's pretty damn awesome. The switches are a significant improvement from my Razer Greens.

Although it did take several minutes to get used to, I found that my accuracy has improved and that I can now play higher BPM beatmaps than before. I've even gained 2k ranks just today.

The scotch sticks very well and the case is quite sturdy. All-in-all, the shipping could be a little bit cheaper, but other than that, it's a pretty well-built and quality product.

Thumbs up to thnikk for this keypad. :D
Cymbal Sounder
34 posts
why is mine still not here ;-; im getting really impatient D: i wanna try it so bad
ok
Rhythm Rookie
1 posts
Unfortunately you cant pay with Bancontact/Maestro... im very sad.
Tempo Trainee
9 posts
LED and RGB version sold out? When will they available again?
Star Shooter
184 posts
Update 2/25/2016

Sorry for the lack of posts! I've been doing a lot of programming and messing around with some IoT stuff. I haven't been skimping on keypads though, I've rewritten the code for the LED and RGB keypads.

The LED model now supports brightness adjustment! This is compatible with the r2 model, so if you have one and would like the update you can upload the new code.

The RGB model now uses RGBW LEDs. This doesn't make a huge difference. At all. It looks exactly the same but the code works a little differently (in a way that I greatly prefer.) I'm not settled on whether this will be the RGB r3, RGBW, or just simplifying the naming of all of the keypads. These revisions are just meant to differentiate between hardware changes so I'd like to keep it as simple for people as possible.

Keetoxx wrote:
Unfortunately you cant pay with Bancontact/Maestro... im very sad.

Sorry, all payment stuff is handled by Etsy. They do support a decent range (you can view here,) but unfortunately they can't take everything.

i0nNepgear wrote:
LED and RGB version sold out? When will they available again?

Parts are on their way and they should be back up between next Monday and Wednesday.
I make keypads, check them out [here]

i almost dont suck at the game
Beat Clicker
55 posts
I got my keypad within 3-4 days so I don't know how it took you 3 weeks
XDD wrote:

Shipping took around 3 weeks
Rhythm Rookie
3 posts
Symacon wrote:
I got my keypad within 3-4 days so I don't know how it took you 3 weeks
XDD wrote:

Shipping took around 3 weeks

that user is in Britain so that probably has something to do with it.
Rhythm Incarnate
939 posts
More competition for you I guess? http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-falcon-8 ... mbled.html
It's sold as a prebuilt, a kit or separate parts altogether.

For $44 this is a really compelling value:

It's even advertised for osu!

Good luck catching up. I though the TechKeys one was legit but this seems even better.

EDIT: I'm guessing this is an Atmel ATMega328 chip installed with V-USB emulation. If this were an ARM chip w/ a dedicated USB-to-serial hardware (much like a Teensy), then this is a REALLY compelling value for money.
Build your own osu! keyboard here:
t/411237/start=0

For those that swear their existence to keyboards --> https://geekhack.org/ || https://deskthority.net || https://mechanicalkeyboards.com
Star Shooter
184 posts
It's definitely more compelling than the techkeys 3 key, but $44 is pretty high. The value is still similar to a mechanical numpad (with the added benefits of LED backlighting with effects and being able to remap keys.) I'm still comfortable with where my keypads are. My basic and basic+ models give people a more affordable option and my LED and RGB are for more flair without being too expensive. Having said that, I do still have some plans for improvement (maybe for the basic and basic+???)

mini update 3/16/16

I'm working on a lot of side projects. Since Project Diva X comes out next week, I resumed work on that from almost a year ago now. I don't know where I plan on going with it, but I'll have a little snippet about it in a future update. Otherwise I've been having a lot of fun playing around with IoT stuff. I have been posting to twitter more frequently so if you want to see what I'm up to you can follow me there (link)

I am happy to have one of my beginning of the year goals completed, but I definitely want to blow through a lot more... after April 15th. If I live past that, everything will be great.

Rhythm Rookie
2 posts
Good help to community ^^
Last edited by Eidorian on , edited 1 time in total.
Whistle Blower
16 posts
Do they work with macbook ? OS system?
Star Shooter
184 posts
Syaoran wrote:
Do they work with macbook ? OS system?

Yes! They are compatible with any modern OS without any driver installation required.

I say modern because I'd otherwise expect someone to ask if it works on a C64 or something.

Rhythm Incarnate
939 posts
Thnikk wrote:
I say modern because I'd otherwise expect someone to ask if it works on a C64 or something.

Pretty sure Commodores don't have USB ports, and I have yet to see an RS232 to micro-USB converter.
Build your own osu! keyboard here:
t/411237/start=0

For those that swear their existence to keyboards --> https://geekhack.org/ || https://deskthority.net || https://mechanicalkeyboards.com
Tempo Trainee
10 posts
Hello im interested in one of your keyboards, tell me how can i buy you one without a credit card. Such as Rapid Pago, Pago fácil, etc. So you print the bill, go pay it and get the product.
Salutes!
Star Shooter
184 posts
Hello all! I'll have an announcement hopefully later in the week, but I just wanted to post now saying lenovive will be streaming on Twitch with an RGBW keypad and you can check him out here if you're interested [link]. I've wanted to put out more videos showing off the keypads but I haven't had a whole lot of time, so if you buy a keypad and stream or make any videos feel free to post a link to your content!

Shattking wrote:
Hello im interested in one of your keyboards, tell me how can i buy you one without a credit card. Such as Rapid Pago, Pago fácil, etc. So you print the bill, go pay it and get the product.
Salutes!

I'm sorry, I only accept payments through Etsy so I only accept what they accept (which you can view here.)

Reply 577 posts jump | prev  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  next