forum

Recursively remove all Thumbs.db files when uploading map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Matma Rex
Please.

Also, remove old .osb when changing title/author. Seriously, it can't be that hard to implement.
NoHitter
+1
Zekira
+999
Jinxy
mm201
The uploader should automatically leave out all unused files without necessitating their deletion.
Topic Starter
Matma Rex

MetalMario201 wrote:

The uploader should automatically leave out all unused files without necessitating their deletion.
No D: I want my osqs uploaded D:
mm201
Unnecessary with osq integration.

Also why? Do you map from more than one computer or something?
Neo Adonis
Remove old osb... Mmm... I dunno...

Respect of the thumbs.db, support!!!! (stupid file ^^)
Ph0X

MetalMario201 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thumb.db is not even a hidden file. It's a system file and very few people ever keep that on.
Most people don't notice that there is a thumb.db in the folder, and the only way they usually realize it is by looking inside the osz with winrar or something, but that comes after the map is uploaded.
Card N'FoRcE
thumbs.db...

Aren't all you guys becoming paranoid about "removing useless files"?

Matma Rex wrote:

Also, remove old .osb when changing title/author. Seriously, it can't be that hard to implement.
I think you should say "Rename old .osb instead of making a new one after changin artist/title", but i guess that's the point anyway.
I support this about the osb, but i don't really see the need to remove files such as thumbs.ds and desktop.ini.
mekadon_old
Thumbs.db is used to preview thumbnails on Windws Explorer, as you know it. However when you open that folder, Windows automatically creates that file.

.osb? support
Ph0X
It's not "used to preview" thumbnails, it holds the thumbnail cache so it doesn't have to generate one everytime.
And it only creates it if you go in thumbnail mode.

Also, I don't think it would be hard to actually detect all the files not being used in the osb/osu files and just not include them in the osz (don't have to actually delete them from the folder, just not pack it in the uploaded version).
Topic Starter
Matma Rex
Bump.

That's probably 10 lines of code even in quite verbose C#.
mm201

Ph0X wrote:

Also, I don't think it would be hard to actually detect all the files not being used in the osb/osu files and just not include them in the osz (don't have to actually delete them from the folder, just not pack it in the uploaded version).
This. Sometimes I keep layered masters of skinning resources in the beatmap folder and I neither want to delete them, move them out, nor upload them in the osz.
LuigiHann

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

thumbs.db...

Aren't all you guys becoming paranoid about "removing useless files"?
Thumbs.db can grow to obnoxious sizes if your beatmap folders have a bunch of images in them, and it has a tendency to come back after it's been deleted, so I think having the uploader not submit it is a good idea.
anonymous_old
I agree that osu! should be whitelisting files instead of blacklisting them.

There would be problems with osb scripts with regards to rand(), etc., but those can be dealt with later. =] (Maybe have an explicit whitelist somewhere?)
mm201
Always include .png, .jpg, .wav, .mp3?
NoHitter

MetalMario201 wrote:

Always include .png, .jpg, .wav, .mp3?
.avi, .flv too
Sakura
You forgot .ogg
arien666
Just hate 'Bill Gates' not 'Steve Jobs'
[Wait, there's no way to play osu! directly without Vistual PC on Mac<<<]

Anyway, support :3