forum

System of a Down - Vicinity of Obscenity (Approval) (NSFW)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Larto
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 23:39:53

Artist: System of a Down
Title: Vicinity of Obscenity
Tags: Alternative Metal NSFW Hypnotize
BPM: 230
Filesize: 4163kb
Play Time: 02:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Impossible (4.87 stars, 466 notes)
  2. Possible (4.75 stars, 375 notes)
Download: System of a Down - Vicinity of Obscenity
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Warning! If you are prone to epileptic seizures, you might want to avoid this map!
yeahyeahyeahhh
Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie!
jockeytiyan
oh you guys, stop calling Larto "Banana Man"
Hanyuu
crazy ;)
0_o
If it wasn't for the ninja spinners Impossible would totally be rankable :U
TKiller
uh-oh, I believe those jumps and slider velosity at the end of [Impossible] are unrankable too, I hope that's a joke.

But goddamnit, someone mapping well timed SOAD map! Larto, I love you now. Can't mod at right now, I'm sick and sleepy a lot, but will totally do that tomorrow.

Though I would already like seeing faster slider velocity at [Possible]
0_o

TKiller wrote:

uh-oh, I believe those jumps and slider velosity at the end of [Impossible] are unrankable too, I hope that's a joke.
Show me the line in the ranking criteria that says those aren't rankable. It's perfectly FCable, it's just freakin hard.
TKiller
why so aggressive, faceman? If this will be counted rankable by bats - it will be ranked. Huh. Just my opinion.
Topic Starter
Larto
The super fast sliders at the very end of [Impossible] are very well approvable and playable, they're easily passable and playable. Basically, they're Etna sliders as we know and love them (Actually, I haven't seen any Etna Sliders lately at all...).
About the jumps, especially the ones in the Kiai part.. well.. ehehehe... I wanted the map to show the same feeling the song gives you at this point. Pure insanity and, well, adrenaline. Everyone who reaches this part will sure as hell get that feeling "ARGH GODDAMNIT I MUST BEAT THIS PART AAAAAA" and that's basically what I aimed for. It's very well passable, even though it's extremely tough. If at least two members of the BAT/MAT consider these patterns unapprovable/unplayable, I'll gladly replace them with something easier though. =]
TKiller
I get beats really off when it gets to the second "Do we all learn defeat..." part, probably because of such complicated offsets and BPM change, compared to the same part before. Fun thing - they're more off for me at Possible diff, then at other one.

[Possible]
01:11:215 (2,3) - you can move (2) earlier by 1/4, switch to 1/8 and insert a beat between these two, so it would follow this little "beat the meat!" back vocal, I think that's lovely
02:11:215 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - make that a square? Dunno.

[Impossible]
00:48:342 (3,4) - damn, these jumps are sexy
02:18:648 (7) - looks like you accidentally moved this one, it's not symmetrical
Would be cool to see some new combo spam at those up to 15 note fast sliders combos, than map would get more fun at TAG (I think such crazy maps are played at TAG a lot).
And last 29 note combo is kinda reasonable there, but probably still too long.

Fun!
Lesjuh
I love you Larto <3
Doomsday
Yo. The Slider part at the end is perfectly rankable/approvable to me.

Blue = design/minor issues. you do not have to change these if you don't want to.
Orange = moderate issues. it would be best if you change these.
Red = major issues. you need to change these.

1. It played fine, so I guess the timing is fine. I'm not gonna get picky with all those timing sections
  2. No tags? Im sure theres something you could put there
[POSSIBLE]

Looks good

[IMPOSSIBLE]

<3. Nothing jumped out at me (apart from the storyboard) so it passes.

Phew. Just fix the tags and I'll come and pubble

Starred
Topic Starter
Larto
Tags were added. Alternative Metal as the genre, NSFW as.. well, an indicator that the song is NSFW and Hypnotize is the album the song comes from.
Cyril Scarlet
Banana banana banana banana Banana banana banana banana Banana banana banana banana

=w="
-Xero-
schtärnchen~
not playable in taiko btw.
Jarby
"NSFW" lolwut
Doomsday

JarJarJacob wrote:

"NSFW" lolwut
Apparently, Banana and Terracotta Pie are referencing to penis and vagina

Protobubbled
Lesjuh
It's worse than cancer, I'll get banned for this :>

minor error fix

Download: System of a Down - Vicinity of Obscenity (Larto) [LESJUH'S TAG].osu
K3nsh1n_H1mur4
Larto, u should die...

Btw, you win +9000 FREE INTERNETS w/ this map <3

And FOR GREAT JUSTICE, it should be ranked.
whymeman
Map on drugs ( o_o)

Just a suggestion that would be nice to do, but could leave a flash effects warning on the main post so that we won't risk having mappers passing out at the end ofthe map? :o
show more