forum

[Special-Mode] Whack-a-song!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Dragvon
Hello, i've been using search but i found nothing close to it :3. So, here's my suggestion:

A new special mode for osu based on the old Whac-A-Mole.

Where the cursor would be the hammer and beats would be the moles.

How would it fit in osu!?
Timing: Moles would appear just like notes, maybe her eyes could appear inside the hole just before it would show up.
Sliders/Spinners: Slider could be a big mole that you should "force your hammer down" until it's back into the hole.
Spinner would be a LOT of moles coming up at the same time. Hit 'em all!!! >:D
Holes: Those holes would be pretty simple. Take editor's grid :3
Streams: Similar to sliders, but you must hit them like a maniac instead of pushing it.

Well... it's up to you guys now :~
Buh bye o/
RemmyX25
Topic Starter
Dragvon
Hmm.. I guess i missed that one D:

And that one ish not on feature requests 8D!
An64fan
You make it sound more like an "altered osu!" than a whole new mode. I don't see this as having the potential to work out as nicely as some previous special mode requests, but it's an interesting idea.

Somehow "Whack-a-mole" and "rhythm game" aren't meshing too well in my head though.
Derekku
Left, Up, Right, Down.

Reminds me of DDR/Stepmania/Etc. (which is already planned for the future). :P
adam2046
It is a nice idea...
It's a bit lame though.
Ekaru

Derekku Chan wrote:

Left, Up, Right, Down.

Reminds me of DDR/Stepmania/Etc. (which is already planned for the future). :P
Try playing Whack-A-Moles that aren't like that, they are much funner.

Standard set-ups often have 5 holes or so, because up-down-left-right is really awkward to play in real life, and 2 rows works better. Where did you get Left, Up, Right, Down from? Video game minigame versions? It says 5 holes in his link. >_>;

I see this working well, actually. Though, I would make it so that you mash the space bar to slam the hammer down, and use the arrow keys to move the hammer across, say, 3 rows of 4. Simple, sure, but let's be honest, who doesn't love mashing the keyboard and hearing a "EEK!"? That way, you'd have more movement than CtB while requiring precision.

I see keyboard movement, 3*4, and smashing the space bar being a fun Whack-An-Annoying-Thing-That-Won't-Stay-Still mode. Support if you do something like that, since mouse movement wouldn't be that fun or unique.
Shohei Ohtani
That would get really wierd for harder songs, especially if only the space bar can be used.
Derekku
@Ekaru: I was implying that new modes are suggested all the time and that a similar one is already planned. :P
Ekaru

Derekku Chan wrote:

@Ekaru: I was implying that new modes are suggested all the time and that a similar one is already planned. :P
This is the most unique out of all the other modes suggested, aside from Touhosu.

The other suggestions are basically just Beatmania. This would have movement via arrow keys with your right hand while having your left hand smash a key to the music and hearing the moles as they consequently squeal to the music. Would require more ambidexterity than other games, and would be fun IMO.

The problem is how it would be read. I'd say have the moles slowly rise from the ground, and once they reach the top, you hit them.

The moles would be placed according to the zone the hit circle is in BTW. Maybe make it 4 * 5 though, that would work nicely I would think.

@CDFA: Not any more awkward than the 5,306 mini-games in video games on the console that are like what I described, which aren't awkward at all. I described classic key-movement Whack-A-Mole. Not awkward at all, except you'd just be hitting them to the music instead.

EDIT: People can hit the space bar really fast BTW. If all else fails add another key, make both keys mappable, bam. Though then it wouldn't really be Whack-A-Mole, but eh.
------------------------

If all else fails, give us a Whack-A-Mole skin with a hammer cursor that whacks down when you press a key (Can that even be done with the current skinning abilities?) and appropriate hitsounds along with moles rising out of the "ground". :O
Topic Starter
Dragvon

Ekaru wrote:

If all else fails, give us a Whack-A-Mole skin with a hammer cursor that whacks down when you press a key (Can that even be done with the current skinning abilities?) and appropriate hitsounds along with moles rising out of the "ground". :O
Well, cursor is easy to do. Do it hammer like, set to no rotation. Now, to make it look like it's going down, maybe adjusting something via "cursor expands when clicked".
Hitsounds and other stuff are easy :3
-David
a
crystalsuicune

Davidz123 wrote:

An64fan wrote:

You make it sound more like an "altered osu!" than a whole new mode. I don't see this as having the potential to work out as nicely as some previous special mode requests, but it's an interesting idea.

Somehow "Whack-a-mole" and "rhythm game" aren't meshing too well in my head though.
^ that
InB4 I mention jubeat.

In essense...jubeat is rhythm game+whack-a-mole.