forum

3 stars too hard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
otonashi-senpai
Hey, I recently started playing Osu and I love it!
But I can't pass 3 star songs. Everytime I try them I fail. And most of the 2 star songs are very easy and I only need a few attempts to get an A rank or higher.
What can I do to pass 3 star songs? I noticed that they are too fast for me. Any way to practice this?
And also what it is called when there appear many hit circles next to each other and you have to click them fast one after the other? Because I have lots of trouble with these... when they appear I feel like that I'm just smashing my keyboard. :?
Genki1000
If you need a few attempts to get an A on 2 stars I don't think they're too easy for you.
Pettanko
if 3 stars is too hard and 2 stars is too easy then go play 2.5 stars

when 2.5 stars becomes easy then 3 stars won't seem as hard anymore and you can work on them

those notes are called streams, don't mash and listen to the music to play those accurately

also play more
KagamiHRS

He4rtl3ss wrote:

And also what it is called when there appear many hit circles next to each other and you have to click them fast one after the other? Because I have lots of trouble with these... when they appear I feel like that I'm just smashing my keyboard. :?
Those are called streams. In you case it can be 3 circles in quick succession. That's called triples.
Learn to hit triples properly first before trying to do streams.
Vuelo Eluko
nofail
Sylveon
Looking at your current play count and your time on osu I can say that it won't take you long to get used to 3 stars. As long as you practise practise practise then you will improve. Your doing fine ATM don't worry about your progress as much since you seem to be putting in the effort in PC
Kouya-
Practice .
deletemyaccount

Riince wrote:

nofail
don't, it just makes you mash which isn't good.

Also, shouldn't the new star difficulty system make it much easier to find suitable maps to play?
Vuelo Eluko

Philantropist wrote:

Riince wrote:

nofail

Also, shouldn't the new star difficulty system make it much easier to find suitable maps to play?
whoops
i meant
dont fail
Granger
I highy suggest you to stay at those 2 stars for a while longer. If you need a few tries to get a A there then those are not too easy, more like just right to improve. Move on when you can S them without much trouble.
Dexus
Play in the same bpm range + same star range + length and it becomes more consistent
Illkryn
Give up, it's pretty much all over at this point since practicing is too hard to grasp
Aqo

Philantropist wrote:

Riince wrote:

nofail
actually that's very wrong, for beginners the best way to improve is using nofail on maps above their level, it increases their perception of the game and helps learn to deal with many types of patterns quickly. Once you want to learn to be accurate and consistent on a level you can already perceive starting to play things on your level would be a good idea, but learning to be consistent on [Normal]s is kind of a waste of time, jumping into harder maps with nofail would yield much faster results.
Gumpy

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

Practice .
Took the word right out of my mouth.
Topic Starter
otonashi-senpai
Thanks. So playing more is the way to go :)
Bweh
Yeah, just don't settle for the same kind of maps when they start getting easier.
Flubar009

Illkryn wrote:

Give up, it's pretty much all over at this point since practicing is too hard to grasp

Genki1000 wrote:

If you need a few attempts to get an A on 2 stars I don't think they're too easy for you.
Wow people can be pricks, way to loose just about any respect players had for you...

I get that this thread is old as dirt but I am having the same issue you were. Do you have any tips from what you learned or is it all just pounding away at it dark souls style?
Sandy Hoey
Essentially. Although it shouldn't be quite as tedious because you should be looking for songs that you enjoy listening to. Makes the practice that much more fun
autoteleology

Flubar009 wrote:

Illkryn wrote:

Wow people can be pricks, way to loose just about any respect players had for you...
Yeah, well, not only was his response extremely hilarious but he's 100% correct. Pretty much all you have to do to hit, I dunno, 1000pp is keep showing up. Seriously, any fuck freak doing every single thing wrong can hit 1000pp if you just keep coming back, and you'll figure out all the things you're doing wrong as your skills develop. Just play more. There are no shortcuts.

Also why would you bump a three year old thread just to complain about some random shit.
kai99

Philosofikal wrote:

Also why would you bump a three year old thread just to complain about some random shit.
show more