forum

Which finger do you usually use to single tap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Yuugiri ]
I see some people use their pointer finger to single tap but I personally use my middle finger. I'm just curious about other people's play style. I find it hard to switch from streaming to single tapping or vice-versa when using my pointer finger.
Vuelo Eluko
either or
Rewben2
Index finger almost always. Sometimes I swap to my middle finger if I'm running out of stamina single tapping with my index, though. If I'm failing a specific pattern over and over I swap to my middle finger I can sometimes do the pattern more consistently... I have no idea how it works (wouldn't be surprised if it was a placebo effect or some bullshit) but it works. Maybe it's because I'm no longer playing with muscle memory? Not sure.
Amianki
I always singletap with my middle finger. I think it has more with how my keys are set than anything else.
uzzi
For singletapping I can use either my index or middle finger. For streaming, I always start with middle.
winber1
my elbow
RaneFire
Since I was young, playing arpeggios on the piano was easiest for me when done from pinky to thumb, and not so easy from thumb to pinky. It's the same even for just 2 fingers (index and middle), so I prefer to start with my middle finger on all patterns. I lost interest in piano quite early on though, my sense of rhythm was awful... Still is :P

My middle finger is also stronger and can stand wrist taps for much longer.
Kaeru
Index finger always. I use my index finger a lot more than my middle finger, especially when I play piano, so it's just natural.
xGx

Noobsicle
single-tap middle, start streams with middle, feels more natural to me

if i try thinking about starting streams with index, i'd just flop :/
B1rd
don't most people single tap with their wrist? if that's the case it hardly matters as all your doing is holding it rigid.
Tsukasa
Mid finger because it's the center of your hand

It'd feel so unbalanced when you tap with anything else. Especially that you'd have 3 fingers against 1 when you use your pointer
Woobowiz
Middle finger.

BUT, it really shouldn't matter which finger you're dominant on because it's basically the same motion for clicking anyways.

Lately I've come to find it comfy to alternate on higher 260+ BPM maps than to just have seizure with your hand.
Soarezi
middlefingerino
Justin Cretible
I tap with my middle finger, but I start streams with my index finger. Strange, but it works so I won't complain.
piruchan
Mid or miss. Streams with middle and ring finger. I tried using index, but it feels unnatural.
Jimboker
Middle finger, probably cos I use w and d to tap(sry recovering tf2 player)
Trauter
Middle finger, but i use index finger to start streaming
[-Cloud-]
Indexfinger masterace.
AegisFTW
Both since I alternate and single tap during maps at certain times.

Although If I'm singletapping for the hell of it, it's middle finger for comfort (up to 270 BPM), and index finger for speed(320-360 BPM? Depends)
show more