forum

The Furry Skin!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky

My sources are as follows:

~Redon's Aesthetic Skin (have obtained permission from author) https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3572355
~(I don't have his osu! profile, but I have his YouTube channel) Flash (LeonScottKiller)
https://www.youtube.com/user/LeonScottKiller
~Synastral's CustomSkin

Uncredited elements:
(Elements from these locations have been edited to have them fit the skin better, and to fix the problem that deadbeat pointed out several days ago.)

~Google Images
~furaffinity.net

Description
Note: This skin is intended to be SOMEWHAT minimalistic. This means that some elements are minimalist, some arent, and some are a mix between the two.
So I was looking around for a skin of furries, and I didn't find any. So, I decided to make one!
If you'd like, you can see where this skin started out and how it has changed! I've made a ton of osu! videos on my YouTube channel, and practically every one had a new version of the skin.
http://www.youtube.com/user/taitonotshiggymoto

Video and Screenshots!
Current Video:

Slightly Older Video:

Note: This skin contains HD elements, and is optimized for a 1920x1080 display! If you don't play at that resolution, the skin may look a little wonky, and I apologize for that. That's also the reason for the screenshots being so large.

Changelog...
EDIT: There was a slight alteration to the root file as of 22 July 2014. Another comboburst was added, which depicts a yellow husky. This is intended to be a depiction of myself. I decided to make him male, however, because obvious boobs is obvious.

EDIT: As of 16 October 2014, the applause sound, and score + default number images have been changed. A Pause Screen image has also been added.

EDIT: As of 18 October 2014, the large combobursts have been resized to be the height of the smaller ones. Sorry I didn't pick up on that even in the preview video! Also, the gos.wav has been changed to a wolf howl instead of a fart. I figured it would fit a little better.

EDIT: As of 21 November 2014, the section-pass/fail images, countdown images, play-skip images, and hit images have been replaced with new ones to fix the problem stated in the uncredited elements section.

EDIT: As of 19 December 2014, the elements for CTB have been removed to make this a purely skin, the combobursts have been altered to be about the same width, the selection-mod-target has been added. As some added bonuses, some simple line art has been added to the menu-button-background image, and as suggested by a YouTube commenter, the section-pass/section-fail elements have been changed back to what they used to be with some modifications to have them better fit the skin. Also, I recently noticed the ranking-graph was a little low, and I was having trouble telling where the lowest possible point is, so I attempted to fix that. Please tell me if I messed up on that.
I noticed when I tried to download the updated version today that it was still the old skin. I have fixed that issue.

EDIT: As of 13 January 2015, THIS SKIN IS COMPLETED!!!!!!! :) :) :)
And now, TaitoTheHusky presents...
The Furry Skin! (Click to Download!) :)

Side Note: Could this be an OFFICIAL Furry Skin? :P
OsuMe65
any screenshots? it feels empty here
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky
screenshots accquired! :D
Elzapatoverde
The mods remind me of the Adobe Creative Suite xD You know, Auto is Photoshop, SD Bridge, DT After Effects, HR Flash, Relax Premiere Pro, etc. xD
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky

Elzapatoverde wrote:

The mods remind me of the Adobe Creative Suite xD You know, Auto is Photoshop, SD Bridge, DT After Effects, HR Flash, Relax Premiere Pro, etc. xD
That's exactly what i was going for lol!
minor_old_1
---
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky
im glad people like it! anybody thinking i should make changes or what?
Ayesha Altugle
Change up those mixed elements :(

Do you have an idea of what font is the one you use on mod icons or even one psd file on one of your mod icons? I would really appreciate it.
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky

vahn10 wrote:

Change up those mixed elements :(

Do you have an idea of what font is the one you use on mod icons or even one psd file on one of your mod icons? I would really appreciate it.
could you be more specific by mixed elements?

and i think i used arial for the font

EDIT: Also, I made the mod icons at a time when I didn't have photoshop, so I couldn't give you a psd without recreating it from scratch anyway. Sorry.
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky
It has come to my attention that the .osk file I originally had was very large, and someone called Soner messaged me a new link which contains a smaller version of the file. Thank you to Seron! (And yes, I shortened the link because it was a little lengthy.)
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky
I noticed that there was a problem with the file that person gave me before, in that it was missing some files. So, the link has been updated again and should not be missing any files this time. Sorry about that everyone!
Chase96
Nice job! :)
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky
Should I put this in the completed skin queue (spellcheck on that?)?
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky
bumping this after a few days...

NOTE: This skin is now in the queue for completed skins! If you like this one, feel free to support it in any way you'd like!
Tamako Lumisade
I approve this skin. Awesome. :D
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky
LOL i just hope i actually formatted the thing right for the skins queue (i seriously feel like thats the wrong spelling)
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky

Husky wrote:

I approve this skin. Awesome. :D
I am glad my fellow huskies approve.
rayinzice
awesome skin. its cool to see a furry skin.
quit-osu
the comboburts are just huge!make them a little smaller maybe?
another then that, cool skin!
Topic Starter
TaitoTheHusky

Cookie0-0 wrote:

the comboburts are just huge!make them a little smaller maybe?
another then that, cool skin!
Like I said, this skin is designed for and is best played at 1920x1080 resolution. Some elements may look a little wonky at other resolutions.
show more