forum

[skinning] A couple of requests (5 now)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
I'll just add more here as I realise I desire/require them.

Request #1: Option to fade out music at the results screen. [skin.ini]
SPOILER
Some beatmaps have .mp3s that far extend the length of the beatmap itself. In most cases this is fine, but I'd like an option (probably in the skin.ini) to fade out the .mp3 as the game transitions to the results screen. A possible reason to include this is that some custom applause sounds get covered up or or sound horrid with the mp3 playing in the background. Fading out the mp3 here would fix that issue.

EDIT:

JarJarJacob wrote:

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Some beatmaps have .mp3s that far extend the length of the beatmap itself. In most cases this is fine.
Uh...
Typical Azure miswording.

I mean the mp3 doesn't end at the end of the map, it continues to play on the results screen. I'd like a feature (possibly in the skin.ini) where if an mp3 usually plays through to the results screen, it fades out before or upon reaching the results screen.

Request #2: Option to disable horizontal flipping with CtB characters. [skin.ini]
SPOILER
Request name says it all. There is no option in the skin.ini to enable/disable sprite flipping for fruit-ryuuta.png. I'd like this because, well, it doesn't really look that good in occasional circumstances.

[attachment=0:510ab]screenshot034.png[/attachment:510ab]

Request #3: Option to make comboburst.png's correspond with comboburst.wav/mp3 [skin.ini]
SPOILER
e.g. comboburst1.wav plays with comboburst1.png, comboburst2.wav plays with comboburst2.png, etc. I'd say this is pretty self explanatory too.

Request #4: Ability to use looped animation as a playfield skin object [overall]
SPOILER
I'm not too sure as to the feasability of this last one, However I feel if used effectively could be quite awesome. Obviously it shouldn't be a large animation, a few still images used at most. Since Playfield.png is the image used behind the song select menu AND the replay menu, I'd like the ability to animate this on a skin-by-skin basis (similar to animating sliderball-0,-1,-2, etc).

I think an image best explains what I mean.

optimistically, the Background wouldn't be Grey, like this concept image, but it would be affected by the Subtractive Colour filter already applied to the Playfield.png.

Request #5: Ability to use more than one set of countdowns in a skin
SPOILER
I can't imagine this would be hard to implement. As the title states, I'd like the ability to have more than one set of countdown sounds (generally different voices, etc), which change every time the beatmap is retried/another beatmap is played. So, for example, you play the first time, one set of countdowns would play. Then next time you retry, the countdown .png and .wav files would be different.
anonymous_old
I like how it is now.
Vanmonky
There is also an option to cut the mp3 after fading it out. Hopefully!
Jinxy
+1.

In Pirate's Island, skipping to the results screen results in a sound overlap, from the applause and the .mp3 itself. Hopefully stuff like this don't happen too many times. :/
NoHitter
+1 indeed

Some .mp3s are longer than the map and MUST be cut, but some are just extending by a couple of seconds.
K2J
Support the original post, but:

JInxyjem wrote:

In Pirate's Island, skipping to the results screen results in a sound overlap, from the applause and the .mp3 itself. Hopefully stuff like this don't happen too many times. :/
According to peppy this behavior was a feature request. Someone reported it as a bug and it got denied, so in regards to the SB sound effects, I think that's a closed path.
Jarby

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Some beatmaps have .mp3s that far extend the length of the beatmap itself. In most cases this is fine.
Uh...
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

JarJarJacob wrote:

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Uh...
Typical Azure miswording.

I mean the mp3 doesn't end at the end of the map, it continues to play on the results screen. I'd like a feature (possibly in the skin.ini) where if an mp3 usually plays through to the results screen, it fades out.
Skyripper
I like this idea.. It would be nice to have that effect when needed. I always just add it anyway in Audacity.
anonymous_old

Skyripper wrote:

I like this idea.. It would be nice to have that effect when needed. I always just add it anyway in Audacity.
I think the issue is with shorter difficulties which don't use the full audio.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Not even that; any beatmap with mp3 audio in the results screen. A large portion of maps have unused audio at the end, believe it or not.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi
i like it that the song still goes on when it goes to the result screen.
Derekku
Sometimes I like when the song continues, but other times I wish that it would just fade out... *on the border for this one* :o
arien666
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Vanmonky
Why don't we request the feature as an option? We just check to the box to allow fading out, and uncheck to the box if you don't want to. And below the option, there's like a bar we can use to set the timing (how long the song fading out till muted).
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

VanMoNky wrote:

Why don't we request the feature as an option? We just check to the box to allow fading out, and uncheck to the box if you don't want to. And below the option, there's like a bar we can use to set the timing (how long the song fading out till muted).
Obviously people fail at noticing I've asked for it be be on a per skin basis.
Vanmonky
I'm not sure about what you're hoping.
Derekku
Or maybe even on a per-map basis? Another checkbox added to song setup shouldn't hurt anything. *hides*
LuigiHann
Per-map would be mostly unnecessary, because if it's just for one song you could cut the mp3.

Per-skin makes the most sense because some skins have music on the results screen. For instance, the taiko skin has the taiko victory music play in the background after you pass a map. That overlaps with the continuing mp3 and sounds a bit icky sometimes.
show more