Topic Starter
Lightiezi
Problem Details:
First of all my PC specs:

Eight-cored amd processor, model Amd bulldozer fx-8150 @3600hz
Xfx amd radeon 6670 1gb ddr5 video card
8gb 1333hz kingston ram
Running on W7 Ultimate 64bit

My monitor is an old 18' led that works at 60hz, here the model: LG Flatron e1941

The problem is that as i left Aero visual theme because the delay on the cursor affected my gameplay too much, i switched to Bassic theme, to solve the delay problem, but i've got a new one... screen tearing. As i do a fast move with the cursor, it will be cuted at half, as i spin, the spinner will be cuted at half too, and the circles and follow lines, and sometimes circles and sliders.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I wish i could, but i tried and in the video the problem won't show it self, srry.

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
billy96
The only way to eliminate screen tearing is by using Vsync. Check the frame rate limiter and choose 60 fps (Vsync)
Niervaco

Lighting- wrote:

Problem Details:
First of all my PC specs:

Eight-cored amd processor, model Amd bulldozer fx-8150 @3600hz
Xfx amd radeon 6670 1gb ddr5 video card
8gb 1333hz kingston ram
Running on W7 Ultimate 64bit

My monitor is an old 18' led that works at 60hz, here the model: LG Flatron e1941

The problem is that as i left Aero visual theme because the delay on the cursor affected my gameplay too much, i switched to Bassic theme, to solve the delay problem, but i've got a new one... screen tearing. As i do a fast move with the cursor, it will be cuted at half, as i spin, the spinner will be cuted at half too, and the circles and follow lines, and sometimes circles and sliders.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I wish i could, but i tried and in the video the problem won't show it self, srry.

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
Screen tearing is often associated with mismatches between the FPS of your application and your monitor refresh rate. I recommend trying a frame limiter. If your moniter refresh rate is 60 Hz, Vsync works. Vsync also adjusts to whatever refresh rate your on. Such as when I overclocked my monitor to 75 Hz, osu!'s 60 FPS vsync changed to a 75 FPS cap. (It won't display the change on the option button, it shows on the FPS indicator)
Full Tablet
Actually, for this game it's better to use higher fps and ignore the screen tearing. Having a monitor with high refresh rate makes the problem less noticeable.
Topic Starter
Lightiezi
So, with which monitor would i be "ok" ?
Full Tablet
When you increase the refresh rate, the screen tearing becomes less noticeable while using high fps.

Even if you get a 144Hz screen, there is still some screen tearing.

If you use Vsync, there is no screen tearing, but the input lag and the visual lag increases.
Niervaco
If you really hate the tearing (which might affect gameplay as a whole) go with Vsync. 60 Hz is fine for me. 60 FPS in game. The input lag in "meh" considering I play Catch the Beat this might be different. If any input lag appears, a small offset adjustment can be a fix. (I think)
Topic Starter
Lightiezi
Well i understand now what was the problem, i'll see now what will i do to carry on. Thank you guys for the atention!
roblox
Using Vsync din't work for me :( Anythhing different that can solve this problem :shock: