forum

[confirmed] Tag color ignored when skin has custom slider track

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Legxis
So multiplayer, Coop.

1) Sliders will ALWAYS be in colour, no matter if it's ones you have to click or not.
2) The approach circles work normally though, so you see coloured sliders with grey approach circles.
3) The tag colour you chose will only be applied to the approach circles. The rest will be default colours, or in case you disabled the beatmap skin, the colours of your skin/default skin. Hence you get weird combinations of colours.

Screenshots:
I chose the orange Tag Colour. The other colours you see are from my skin, light green and blue.

osu! version: 20140318.6
TheVileOne
Topic Starter
Legxis
Well damn, can't believe that happened to me, sorry. Though the bug seems to have changed around a bit.
I hope it can be truly fixed soon, since I love Coop^^
Topic Starter
Legxis
This isn't fixed. The other thread is in the resolved subforum, so I'm pushing this one up again. Please, it's been two months without Coop =(
TheVileOne
I was playing coop the other day and the sliders worked fine.
Topic Starter
Legxis
That cannot be, please check again. You can see in the other thread that everyone kept having the issue and I just ried again yesterday.
MillhioreF
Definitely doesn't happen for me, so it's probably a skin-related issue. Can you try the default skin? If it's fine there, can you upload/link the skin you're using?
Topic Starter
Legxis
I was sure I had already tested it with default skin once, sorry about that.
So I just tried it with a different friend. Yes, the default osu skin works. And my friend didn't have a problem with his skin either. So after trying around a bit, I noticed it happened with skins that have black slider tracks =D
TheVileOne
Sorry for the delay in finding a replication method. I can replicate with a skin that has a different color track border.

t/209792

This should create this behavior.
Nyquill
Should be fixed in latest test build.
Pannari
It's still broken as far as I can see.
Nyquill
someone please tell me the correct behavior of this.

When I tested with the provided skin, the slider tracks are correctly colored if you select a tag color.
TheVileOne
Try a different skin with track color changed. I used a custom skin by a friend to test this and since this has track color changes I assumed it would cause the same behavior.

Slider color should remain grey when it is not your turn.
Nyquill
that should be correct with the provided skin?
Norb
How is the staff not embarrassed having a known bug in the game roam for almost half a year? I don't mean to offend anyone and I understand that tag is not even popular, but a bug is a bug and it should be approached as soon as possible regardless on how much impact it has on the game. If the solution is for the player to choose a different skin rather than for the developers to just fix a small part in the code then something is really wrong here.

I don't know how much you have to deal with so I'm not the person to judge, but even if there's 1 person managing the game I wouldn't expect a bug lay around for any longer than 1 month. Then again no one will care about my opinion, so whatever.
Jacob
Yeah it is kinda sad that this isn't fixed yet.
kirima
Nyquill
SliderTrackOverride

I'm going to start looking at some stuff again and this will be my top priority
Nyquill
Anyone to test? A fix was pushed into test
kirima
Cant test because I'm not supporter but thanks
show more