forum

[duplicate] osu!mania scroll speed in-game modifications

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ProRay298
I'm not quite sure if this is the place to post this, but until recently (I believe today) I have been able to change my scroll speed in-game while playing osu!mania for any all-mode beatmaps in the pause menu. For me, this is a required process for many songs, as BPM changes may make songs scroll by too slow/fast for me to play comfortably. I tried doing so just now for some songs that I've played in the past, and it's not letting me change my scroll speed at any time except before the beginning of the song. The inability to do this makes some songs (for example, eyes of devileliet) unplayable for me. I was hoping that this ability could maybe be re-added so I could continue playing at my best.
Full Tablet
That ability was removed so you can't do what you are trying to do. Adapting to scrolling speed changes is a skill.
Prim
Although I agree with the above post, what annoys me is the inability to change speedmods (and offset for that matter) for maps with constant bpm/scroll speeds.

It's not really a issue in single mode since I can press the restart button and change speed/adjust offset from there. However, it is rather annoying in multiplayer matches when you only have around 5~10 seconds to adjust your speedmod before it gets locked in for the rest of the round.

I do realize you can change it in the lobby beforehand, but not everyone knows their optimal speed for a specific bpm (especially when DT/NC mods are used) and users shouldn't have to calculate their optimal speedmod with a calculator before each round.
Topic Starter
ProRay298
While I do agree that it's a skill that I, especially at this rank and amount of plays, should have mastered by now, but after all this time I'm still incapable of playing notes accurately if the scroll speed is too slow, since my eyes can't handle seeing too many notes on the screen at once and I lose focus. At the same time my eyes can't follow the notes if the scroll speed is too fast, which is just natural. I know I should be working towards learning this, but when a song suddenly doubles in speed, I'm practically helpless, and being unable to play some of the fast songs I like takes away from my enjoyment of what this really is, a game.

I'm fully aware that it's a personal problem, but I just thought my opinion should be voiced so that this game can be enjoyed by all.