forum

Arcade mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +670
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i just get this idea. how about an Arcade mode? the current Solo mode seems to be a Hi-score mode. why not stack them in one single menu? along with other possible single-player modes. the arcade mode goes like this: you choose a mode(osu!, Taiko, CTB or Mania) then a difficulty(higher difficulties could be locked until further progress), then a beatmap set(Set A, Set B, Set C, Set D, etc). Mods could be locked until further progress or not. you complete the maps of the set you choose, al in a row. if you lose on a map, you'll lose a life and you'll have to restart it from the beginning. lose all lives and its Game over. when you clear the set, the lives remaining will add to your total score. of course there will be leaderboards(top 10 i think it should be)
Flanster
Sounds like mission mode to me.
Sakary
Good Idea! :)
Ryu Sei
Great idea there. At least pull out NF (and SD/PF if desired) mod in arcade mode.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
if you like it, you know what to do
FrzR

LoliFlan wrote:

Sounds like mission mode to me.
Also makes the game more interesting. I like this :D
Oinari-sama
Duplicate t/2902
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
oh bite me, this isn't a duplicate
kanocchi
is a good idea
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i mean, it's not an endless mode, its the regular mode that most games that had an arcade machine version have. it starts and finishes. and in order to prevent it to become boring, there are several sets to start with in each difficulty and in each mode
Kuronosu
**** Can't wait to get the new mode started. ^^

Oinari-sama wrote:

Duplicate t/2902
It's not a duplicate. Read more carefully.
OscaR CUBE
Great idea..!! :) :) :)
[ Pingu ]
It sounds quite complex actually to be honest. It might be just me though. :P
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
more features for this mode: Final bosses that takes place after finishing all previous stages in a set and extra stages that can take place after clearing any map or after the final boss, but if u meet certain requirements
-Neipezi
oh good idea :oops:
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
heres a very clear idea about how it should work: once you choose a set, after finishing a song, the game will ask you to branch out, selecting one of two songs, and so on. the song you choose may determine your final "boss" and extra stages. the image below is an example, i think it should be higher than that(9 stages and 5 final bosses). of course you don't battle all "bosses" at once, just 1 at each game, depending of the path you choose. this is to keep alive the interest in osu!.

edit: if this looks exhausting or confusing, you can take a break from selecting songs by playing a unique song between branches(that also counts as a stage)
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
edit: at the end of the game, the credits will roll(of the entire osu! staff of course) and after that, you'll get your place on the leaderboards with your average performance and accuracy calculated by gathering all your performance and acc of all stages played. could be something like this, its ok if im wrong

C + C + C + B + A + B + D + S + A + B = B

99+98+97+96+95+94+93+92+91+90=95
seasonS

-Kirito wrote:

oh good idea :oops:
Yes it would be nice, if it happens. It adds something new to do and since I'm getting bored of this game lately, anything new to spice it up would be a plus to me.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
a fifth difficulty could be available for this mode, called Extreme. its only 1 set and features the top 10 maps accord to osu! tp. it will unlock in 1 of 2 ways, you choose the most convenient: 1-when you accomplish certain requirements. 2-when you are good enough for that mode
Sal32
Nice idea Battler!!~
show more