forum

[Archived] Vsync is broken on high refresh rate monitors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dexus
Problem Details:
When attempting to use v-sync in the past with a 144hz or 120hz monitor the fps would go to 144 fps or 120 fps. With this recent update it goes to 60 instead of the intended fps. If the intended behavior is to be 60fps as it lists, please change it to an actual vsync method that reads the refresh rate of the monitor. Yes I have changed the config file and the graphics settings. Others can confirm this issue as well.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140220.13
thelewa
vsync has actually never worked as intended for me with my 120hz monitor
Nuix
if you using bordless,your fps must unlimited.
WasteOfAmmos
Well it seems not fixed at all after 4 years. Enabling the V-Sync on a 75Hz monitor makes the game instead of going to 75fps as well, going to 1333 FRAME PER SECONDS, which will f****** destroy some GPUs and CPUs as well. What the heck is wrong with this game?
Death
Not sure where you are getting 1333 frames per second. The lower number on the frame counter at the bottom right of your screen is your frame time in milliseconds. 75fps is 13.33ms, that is what is being displayed, not 1333 frames per second. The fact that you were even able to get that number is indicative of Vsync working correctly.

Please also avoid bumping 4 year old archived threads. If you believe there is still an issue, make a new thread instead.