posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OsuMe65

Enter the Crossover World of Symphonia!
Changelog
Click Here!
2nd of February, 2014
  1. Chaged gold 300 from "300" to "Massimo".
  2. Reworked mania keys and notes.
  3. Updated Screenshots
Screenshots

Notes

:arrow: osu!Mania only
:arrow: Old Skin behaviour (in order for the ranking screen to align the same way as the screenshot. haven't add something at skin.ini; will do it tomorrow)

After AlterNeo being the Spin-off for Standard, I decided to create this one, NeOsu Symphonia (or just Symphonia). It's quite half-assed since the colors are monotonic, namely black and white, with glows and stuff. It's hard to replicate the Piano for the mania stage, so I tried to get away from that one. Also, I made a new OC... just for this skin.

Fonts used for this skin:
Baroque Script | Fraktur BT | Frutiger

Once again, feel free to post any issues and I'll try to fix them. Drop some suggestions while you're at it. ;)

Enjoy your stay.
- Osenkara -
I love you. Nice to see something good for the mania players :D
Thanks!
- Osenkara -
It seems you forgot to skin the Rainbow 300 :O
Topic Starter
OsuMe65
Gold 300 is the highest. I didn't add rainbows since it doesn't fit at all.
E14
why dont you just change the 300g into MAX (300g.png)[ i mean GOLD MAX] for to be further distinguished between MAX and 300 hits. :)
Topic Starter
OsuMe65
I knew it

Thanks anyway... update will be up sooner or later
PyaKura
The idea and design are really cool. Just a few things though, the black notes (2nd and 5th column in 7K) are hardly visible, especially when playing with high scrolling speeds.
I suggest reducing the lanes' opacity or giving a reddish color to these notes to make them at least as visible as the middle note.

mania-notexL.png and mania-notexL@x2.png are too "out-of-theme" IMHO. You could perhaps add a "glow" and fill up the sides of the Long Notes. Well you get the idea, ignore my l33t photoshop sk1llz :o. I just tried that and it looks better in-game.

Well the red should be even more red and bright actually. What do you think ?

The "pulse" effect when pressing a note happens twice, it feels a bit awkward. Don't know if it was intended or not.

The word "Difficulty" in menu-button-background.png seems a little bit too big (it touches the white line just above).

Just throwing my ideas out. :)
Anyways this skin and the Luminance one are both great for playing in the dark. GJ !
Topic Starter
OsuMe65

PyaKura wrote:

The idea and design are really cool. Just a few things though, the black notes (2nd and 5th column in 7K) are hardly visible, especially when playing with high scrolling speeds.
I suggest reducing the lanes' opacity or giving a reddish color to these notes to make them at least as visible as the middle note.
Of all the colors... why red? Why not Facebook Blue?

PyaKura wrote:

mania-notexL.png and mania-notexL@x2.png are too "out-of-theme" IMHO. You could perhaps add a "glow" and fill up the sides of the Long Notes. Well you get the idea, ignore my l33t photoshop sk1llz :o. I just tried that and it looks better in-game.

Well the red should be even more red and bright actually. What do you think ?
The LN is inspired from <--- that
Tilt your head sideways while watching a replay with this skin, you'll see.

PyaKura wrote:

The "pulse" effect when pressing a note happens twice, it feels a bit awkward. Don't know if it was intended or not.

The word "Difficulty" in menu-button-background.png seems a little bit too big (it touches the white line just above).
The first (the lighting behind) wasn't intended and supposed to happen only once. 100-0 not my fault.
Second one, the staves are just a styling for the button. The markings uses star.png. Not the staves.

I aim for simple gradients for this one. ;)
PyaKura

OsuMe65 wrote:

Of all the colors... why red? Why not Facebook Blue?

I just thought red at that moment. Could have been blue, green, purple, cyan... haha. Just to say that black notes are a bit hard to see. I also have a tendency to mix red with black when drawing things so, yeah...

The LN is inspired from <--- that
Tilt your head sideways while watching a replay with this skin, you'll see.

Oh I see I see.

The first (the lighting behind) wasn't intended and supposed to happen only once. 100-0 not my fault.

Ok.

Second one, the staves are just a styling for the button. The markings uses star.png. Not the staves.

I know, it's only a little detail I noticed while browsing through the skin's files. Though it's so minor that nobody will ever notice it xD

I aim for simple gradients for this one. ;)
Keep up the good work !
deadbeat
looks complete to me
puxtu
that is awesome sir o\
JapanYoshiTheGamer
Maybe use "Perfetto", Italian for "Perfect", since "Massimo" is Italian for "Maximum"?
Topic Starter
OsuMe65
The text below Perfezione is Perfection. Perfezione means Perfection tho.
LiberDose
I loved the skin. Though, the alternating black and white colors of the inside columns seems quite confusing for me when playing. The keys were also smaller for me to notice when they slide down. It may have been just me since I'm myopic but I did few edits for me to make it preferable in my visions, if you don't mind.

Thank you so much for making this skin. Simplicity is beautiful.
zackcjf666

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

<font><font>也许用“普菲”,意大利的“完美”,因为“马西莫”是意大利的“最大”?</font></font>

LiberDose wrote:

<font><font>我喜欢的皮肤。</font><font>不过,里面列的黑白交替的颜色似乎玩的时候很困惑我。</font><font>该键也更小对我来说,当他们滑下通知。</font><font>这或许只是我,因为我是近视眼,但我做了一些修改,我让它在我的视野最好,如果你不介意的话。</font><font>谢谢你这么多的做这个皮肤。</font><font>简单就是美。</font></font>

<font></font>

LiberDose wrote:

I loved the skin. Though, the alternating black and white colors of the inside columns seems quite confusing for me when playing. The keys were also smaller for me to notice when they slide down. It may have been just me since I'm myopic but I did few edits for me to make it preferable in my visions, if you don't mind.

Thank you so much for making this skin. Simplicity is beautiful.
Ender Lain
only for osu!mania ?
[- Rubik -]
The alternating colours made it easier to see what buttons to press, I like you style and it's a great skin overall. Keep it up! :3
lulisputis
n me deja descargarlo :(