forum

osu! in your Browser

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IOException
Hello. If this is in the wrong forum, please tell me which forum it should be in :P thanks.

I've started a version of osu! that works with HTML5 browsers such as Chrome or Firefox. It's really primitive right now (I only spent a few hours), but so far I got a sort of working version up.

Right now, you can upload maps (osz) (I tried to do some security stuff but I don't know if it's still vulnerable), and open them. The player will play the sound, and display the notes, but you can't click them yet.

I've been studying the wiki and looking on the forums, but I need some more thorough documentation on exactly how the sliders work and some timing things. The sliders are a real challenge for me because I'm not familiar with how curves work. I was wondering if or where I would be able to get that information.

Here's a screenshot of what I have now
SPOILER

The 4_1, 4_2, and 4_3 mean that they're the control points of a slider.

You can look at my current progress at http://projectnebula.org/failosu/.

I'm wondering if it's possible for me to have not necessarily the source code, but just some more documentation on how to interpret the osu file format, and maybe timing (like how many milliseconds before or after the beat counts as 300, 100, 50, miss, or no hit).

I'd also like some opinions on whether I should continue or not (after finals week :P i'm still in school)

P.S. and if it doesn't work, maybe I could just make it into a replay service, if only I could read replay files :P
funnytrees
Lol, I was just about to write a thread about my own browser based osu! replay viewer when I saw this.

I feel that I'm very familiar with the game's mechanics, including sliders, files, replays etc. because I've done a ton of trial and error.
PM me and I can tell you what you want to know =)

Otherwise, this looks like a great start, and runs really smoothly!

The song "NH22 - Corrosion" seems to be giving errors.

I hope this gets actually completed in the future!
A1R
Looks neat, looking forward to see it develop. It's a nice to be able to play Osu where you normally can't.
Kiciuk
Maybe this source's can help you
http://i.pku.edu.cn/trac/linosu
Topic Starter
IOException
Thanks! I'll take a look at that (even though I don't know C :P)