forum

100, 50 and misses number during gameplay [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ignorethis
This is convenient for people who like to challenge themselves on high ranks of songs. Can be turned off if wanted.

Apologise if someone mentioned before.
abalee
no need IMO coz i seldom got 100 50 or miss XD
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
Can't you just skin blank score stars?
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nachy

Derekku Chan wrote:

RemmyX25 wrote:

I think ignore is asking for a counter for the number of 100/50/misses during play like how they show up in Test mode.
So why not just play in test mode?
Yoshi348
Uh, because you don't get to submit scores in test mode?

But I still think this isn't a good idea.
Derekku

NachoPiggy wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

RemmyX25 wrote:

I think ignore is asking for a counter for the number of 100/50/misses during play like how they show up in Test mode.
So why not just play in test mode?
Because it obviously won't count. :P

If you want to get a good score, then just PLAY. It you want to make sure you have good acc, then enable it, play, and retry if you see your acc dropping below what you would like. :?
Gemi
I also don't think that this is a good idea.

I would however want to see the SS/S/A/etc during the whole song, not just during breaks. I assume it is like this because it was originally shown as a large letter in the middle of the screen during breaks, but now that it's a small letter in the corner there is no reason to have it hidden during play. This would allow you to see how well you are doing overall and this would also be a partial solution to the fact that people have been asking for a "100% mod" where the song fails when they fail their 100%, as now people could easily see when the letter turns into an S from the SS.

Edit: Yes, this is also possible to see from the accuracy number, but the letter is visually easier to see. Also, you can't see the difference between an S and A from the accuracy for example since you could easily have a miss (resulting in no S possible), but still a very high accuracy.
Derekku

Gemi wrote:

I also don't think that this is a good idea.

I would however want to see the SS/S/A/etc during the whole song, not just during breaks. I assume it is like this because it was originally shown as a large letter in the middle of the screen during breaks, but now that it's a small letter in the corner there is no reason to have it hidden during play. This would allow you to see how well you are doing overall and this would also be a partial solution to the fact that people have been asking for a "100% mod" where the song fails when they fail their 100%, as now people could easily see when the letter turns into an S from the SS.

Edit: Yes, this is also possible to see from the accuracy number, but the letter is visually easier to see. Also, you can't see the difference between an S and A from the accuracy for example since you could easily have a miss (resulting in no S possible), but still a very high accuracy.
Huge support for this. I love seeing the little letter up there, and I hate when it doesn't show up (during short breaks; etc)
anonymous_old
I would prefer the letters to appear during breaks as they did before.

I wouldn't want to see the letters appear during gameplay. (It could flicker between A and S annoyingly at times...)
Derekku

strager wrote:

I would prefer the letters to appear during breaks as they did before.

I wouldn't want to see the letters appear during gameplay. (It could flicker between A and S annoyingly at times...)
It could be made very subtle. e.g., you have an A and it fades into an S instead of flickering back and forth. Perhaps it could even just check every few seconds for a score update to change instead of changing over and over if you're on the border of an A/S grade. I dunno ;X
LuigiHann
It could check at the end of each combo
Gemi

LuigiHann wrote:

This doesn't really help in places where each note is a different combo, plus it's not 100% intuitive for someone who doesn't know how it works. I'd probably prefer such an animation between the numbers that when it starts to change between two letters rapidly it would sort of get stuck in the middle of the fading animation, leaving a blurry mix of the two letters until you start to stay on one of the letters for a while and it has the time to fade into that letter properly.
Derekku

Gemi wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

This doesn't really help in places where each note is a different combo, plus it's not 100% intuitive for someone who doesn't know how it works. I'd probably prefer such an animation between the numbers that when it starts to change between two letters rapidly it would sort of get stuck in the middle of the fading animation, leaving a blurry mix of the two letters until you start to stay on one of the letters for a while and it has the time to fade into that letter properly.
That's kind of what I was trying to say until my mind started drifting off :)
varq
Against, since the full window is the play field, and it's getting cluttered enough as is. I say on-screen accuracy is good enough, and I'd rather have that not display during play anyway.
FurukawaPan
Do you really want an overblown HUD with each and every stat of your game updated as you play? The screen already shows your acc. stat updating live as you play! I think this is more than enough.
Gemi
Ugh, are you guys serious? Have you actually played the game and seen how small the letters are? It's not disturbing at all, in any way, and it's useful information.
Gabi
Gemi

Gabi wrote:

i would not like the SS/S/A letter to be displayed through out the whole map because i get distracted really really easy. i even get distracted by the accuracy counter, but you can't skin it away :\\.

i actually liked the way the old acc used to be displayed.
How can you ever play anything with storyboards or videos? How about the score display or combo counter? Tbh I just have to say: learn to play with minor distractions. Makes your life easier outside of osu too. :) If everything that moves in your eyesight distracts you it can't be very pleasant. And the letters are a very stable thing, not chaning all the time like the score and combo displays.
show more