forum

Reminder for peppy: more SB commands

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
awp
Moving x/y via separate commands
Scaling x/y via separate commands

Adding combination of the "speed up/slow down" effect would also be nice so you can have something start fast, slow down, then speed up again as well as slow, fast, slow

Mosaic/wavy/water effect(s) would also be cool but I won't lose any sleep if you shoot that down; I don't know how practical it is. I think OpenGL has API methods for that though?
Echo
It would be nice to have moving with relative coordinates as well as absolute.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

It would be nice to have moving with relative coordinates as well as absolute.
And rotate, yes!

Maybe scale and things too...

awp wrote:

Mosaic/wavy/water effect(s) would also be cool but I won't lose any sleep if you shoot that down; I don't know how practical it is. I think OpenGL has API methods for that though?
Hmm... H-blank effects? =D?

awp wrote:

Adding combination of the "speed up/slow down" effect would also be nice so you can have something start fast, slow down, then speed up again as well as slow, fast, slow
So different forms of interpolation? Right now you can emulate that by using several points where delta time != delta position.
Daru

awp wrote:

I think something similar was suggested about clicking a while back. I'm not sure what you mean in terms of storyboarding, but the suggestion was to put "ripple" effects on the background around a hit circle, or wherever you clicked. Peppy said it was possible, and there was quite a bit of support for the idea, but I don't know where it went, and it obviously hasn't been implemented yet.
peppy
I added hit lighting instead of ripples. I don't want to add any more shader-reliant effects for the moment until some changes in architecture are completed.
Topic Starter
awp

strager wrote:

So different forms of interpolation? Right now you can emulate that by using several points where delta time != delta position.
Yeah, had to do so for Woctor Dialy
YoshiKart
Would separate x/y for vector scaling work as well?

I seriously need "Moving x/y via separate commands". Beats fiddling with the SBE's movement.
anonymous_old

YoshiKart wrote:

Would separate x/y for vector scaling work as well?
What?
Larto
Can I add something to that list?

Trigger loops for sound samples. Would solve every problem you have with too few hitsound spaces.
Topic Starter
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Intermezzo
Instead of changing x and y separately we just need relative positioning and vector scaling, as these would cover the same functionality as well.
For strager: scaling a picture by a vector(1, 1.5) would mean to multiply the width by 1 and the height by 1.5.

I don't know about the interpolation control though. This could be fixed by adding interpolation points,
but the same effect could be achieved by adding the same commands multiple times.
peppy
@Intermezzo/YoshiKart: Vector scaling is already implemented.
anonymous_old

Intermezzo wrote:

For strager: scaling a picture by a vector(1, 1.5) would mean to multiply the width by 1 and the height by 1.5.
My "what?" was meant as "this already exists, right?".
Topic Starter
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
Larto
That can be achieved by scaling?
anonymous_old
anonymous_old

Loogiesquared wrote:

Larto wrote:

That can be achieved by scaling?
no, zoom in on the editor, not an image.
This is about scripting, not the storyboard editor. Request that elsewhere?
anonymous_old
Well, then...