forum

Auto Loudness Management System

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +26
Topic Starter
SNZ_old
This function is solution for different of each song's sound volume.
too silent song to much louder,
louder song to silent.

True request,I think we have to make a rule of whole sound volume(it needs for ranked song)

:)
Derekku
Newer songs are usually fine. When a song is modded, mp3 quality is usually always addressed if it's crappy/too loud/too quiet. Older songs, though, you'll just have to deal with. (Turn your pc/laptop's volume up or down)
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann

strager wrote:

Do you mean normalization by adjusting all parts of a single song to one volume?
No, he's talking about normalizing all songs in the game to the same volume as one another.

I still wish there was an amplify slider within the editor, since I've needed to manually amplify pretty much every song I've mapped
Topic Starter
SNZ_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

LuigiHann wrote:

I still wish there was an amplify slider within the editor, since I've needed to manually amplify pretty much every song I've mapped
Hopefully that'd work like the Online Offset thingy so old maps don't have to be re-ranked, and it'd be easy to adjust.
Ekaru
I think we should instead have an Overall Volume per a map. The max would still be the same, but we could have it so we could turn our volumes up for the soft ones while the loud songs wouldn't kill our ears.
Ephemeral

Derekku Chan wrote:

Newer songs are usually fine. When a song is modded, mp3 quality is usually always addressed if it's crappy/too loud/too quiet. Older songs, though, you'll just have to deal with. (Turn your pc/laptop's volume up or down)
Lies, deceit and treachery.

I have offered better quality mp3s to about 5 or 6 ranked maps but they are never adopted because people are too lazy to retime/rerank the map afterwards.

The easy way to do this is to force a certain level of sound quality for ranked maps. 162-192kbps, 44khz mp3 is what I'm thinking of. Music encoded at that bit rate is generally normalized and is very rarely iffy - you start to encounter deviations in the sound at anything below 160 which could make it sound loud to some people and quiet to others.
LuigiHann

Ephemeral wrote:

I have offered better quality mp3s to about 5 or 6 ranked maps but they are never adopted because people are too lazy to retime/rerank the map afterwards.
Can't retime a map without an unrank with a complete score reset, which would suck for the people who played it. In fact, changing the timing on a map would reset it to not-bubbled status so it'd need to be modded twice to get reranked.

Only hope is to offer better quality mp3's to PENDING maps x_x

I've had plenty of initially-quiet maps where mods have told me to increase the volume, so it's not like that's being ignored.
peppy
No need to retime if it is just an offset change. Plus, you can just replace the mp3 itself assuming the source is the same (with minor adjustments).
anonymous_old
LuigiHann
Hanyuu
Oh no please no. some sound i like to hear ULTRA loud... so loud you can evern hear it when i play +headphones and you are in the next room. please dont make this
anonymous_old

Hanyuu wrote:

Oh no please no. some sound i like to hear ULTRA loud... so loud you can evern hear it when i play +headphones and you are in the next room. please dont make this
Use this thing called "volume control."

This is basically like saving the volume adjustment you make locally for the map.

Right?
Ekaru

Hanyuu wrote:

This is really bad for your ears.

We do not want to encourage damaging your ears as you are currently doing, sorry.
Hanyuu

strager wrote:

Hanyuu wrote:

This is basically like saving the volume adjustment you make locally for the map.

Right?
how

This is really bad for your ears.

We do not want to encourage damaging your ears as you are currently doing, sorry.
lol
anonymous_old

Hanyuu wrote:

strager wrote:

Right?
how
"This thing" refers to "the requested feature."
My1_old
I want that osu uses a normalization feature, so we dont have to change the volume of our speakers/headphones.
for example when you listen to a quiet song you'll turn louder and when the osu!player as random as it is selects a loud song next, then RIP for heaphones and the ears of the people using them...
so please add a feature that the volume @ all songs is similar...
please DO THAT
even the whole world agrees
Backstabber
I like my silent songs silent, and my loud songs loud. If all songs har generic flat volume level it would not sound as good.
My1_old
then what about that we can toogle this off when we want it, so everyone is happy
show more