forum

Skullee - Nyanskull

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
T_Terry_T
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on sabato 23 novembre 2013 at 15:19:41

Artist: Skullee
Title: Nyanskull
Source: Internet
Tags: nyancat nyan cat
BPM: 110
Filesize: 3439kb
Play Time: 03:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy - Version 1 (1,81 stars, 183 notes)
  2. Easy - Version 2 (1,56 stars, 139 notes)
  3. Hard - Version 1 (4,57 stars, 361 notes)
  4. Normal - Version 1 (3,15 stars, 252 notes)
  5. Normal - Version 2 (3,37 stars, 57 notes)
Download: Skullee - Nyanskull
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hello there! :D This is my first beatmap.
I'm quite satisfied about it, but before the pending request I think it needs some "external" tests (i.e. someone else should try it xD), expecially for the hard level.
As suggested by azuretwinight, I'm doing a remap, so this map is far to be completed. Right now I finished the new Easy level (the one called "Easy - Version 2") and before going on the others I wanted to know if there're still problems or there's something more I can do to make it even better.
So, every comment and/or modding is really appreciated! ^_^

Message for the modders (23/11/'13): I'm not asking you to mod all the level, but just the "Easy - Version 1" and the "Easy - Version 2", to make comparison. However, you're free to take a look at the other levels, just take note that I still have to work on them. :?

About Version 1:

The Version 1 was uploaded at the beginning of November '13, but it has several problems. To say it in few words, they're not playable. I'm keeping it here for comparison with the new version, but as soon as the Version 2 is succesfully completed, I'm going to delete it.

Troublemakers in Easy - Version 2:

SPOILER
- The Worm
That's how I renamed the slider between 01:49:986 and 01:52:031. The idea was to make the ball change direction every beat, but I'm not sure the final result is correct. Besides this, I find its form pretty ugly.

- The skipped beat
There should be a beat in 01:58:849, but I didn't put anything there due to the spinner, but I'm not sure it was a good idea, since this decision made the rhytm change until 02:13:031.
From this:

To this:

- Too ripetitive?
I tried my best to make it the less similar possible, but the whole map it's a circular circuit to me. Sure it's an easier map than the precedent version, but it's enjoyable?

Changes from the Version 1 to the Version 2:
SPOILER
- Offset changed from 1090 to 1032 (thanks azuretwinight!).
- Slider thick reduced from 3 to 1.
- Spinner at 00:59:387 reduced - not sure if it'll be of the same lenght in every level
- More playable (I hope)
- More details in the next edits!

Resume of all the edits realized so far:
SPOILER
04/11/2013
- Creation of the tread. Three different levels are uploaded: Easy, Normal, Hard.

04/11/2013 h. 22.47
- Correct the image with song and background's credits (in folder: "NyanCat_Credits_Song+Wallpaper.png")

05/11/2013 h. 08:38
- Add preview point at 00:18:544 in all the difficulties.
- Timing change. Before this edit 00:01:090 - 00:18:544 was 55 BMP with a normal speed slider and the rest of the song was 110 BMP. Now all the song is 110 BMP with half speed slider in 00:01:090 - 00:18:544.

07/11/2013 (?)
- Remapping time!
18/11/2013 h. 09.19
- Rename of the previously uploaded levels. Now they're called Easy - Version 1, Normal - Version 1 and Hard - Version 1.
- Uploaded the first remapped level: Easy - Version 2

23/11/2013 h. 15.20
- Minor changes in Easy - Version 2
- Uploaded a incomplete remapped level: Normal - Version 2
- Removed the custom spinner to make the folder lighter and because it was useless and bad made
Atrue
Hello~
From my modding queue

[General]
Though I found your beats are good, but design of the whole map make it a must for you to remap it. Don't be afraid of remapping, cause remapping makes great mappers.
Offset 1032
[Easy]
Too hard for beginners..
Maybe you can refer to what I said in NM diff..

[Normal]
00:59:387 - Don't make such a long spinner..
Try to play more other mapper's NM so maybe it is helpful for you to make the map more interesting.
And distance snap is a must in NM and EZ..
[Hard]
Not so interesting in designing note's positions. Only lines and sliders really needs to get more arcs.
So I'm sorry that remapping is a better way..
That's my suggestions. Thanks for joining my queue.:) .
Topic Starter
T_Terry_T

azuretwinight wrote:

Hello~
From my modding queue

[General]
Though I found your beats are good, but design of the whole map make it a must for you to remap it. Don't be afraid of remapping, cause remapping makes great mappers.
Offset 1032
[Easy]
Too hard for beginners..
Maybe you can refer to what I said in NM diff..

[Normal]
00:59:387 - Don't make such a long spinner..
Try to play more other mapper's NM so maybe it is helpful for you to make the map more interesting.
And distance snap is a must in NM and EZ..
[Hard]
Not so interesting in designing note's positions. Only lines and sliders really needs to get more arcs.
So I'm sorry that remapping is a better way..
That's my suggestions. Thanks for joining my queue.:) .
Thank you for accepting my request. :)

I'll follow your suggestion and try to remap it. Hopefully, the second version will be more interesting and enjoyable.
The spinner on 00:59:387 will be shorter, for sure. I thought it was fitting to the music, but I went too far.
And the easier easy it's a must-do, too. Slower slider speed maybe? Uhm...