forum

Rise Against - Give it All

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on January-10-11 at 5:53:21 PM

Artist: Rise Against
Title: Give it All
Tags: DiamondCrash Roley Siren Song of the Counter Culture
BPM: 51.54
Filesize: 4694kb
Play Time: 02:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. DC's Hard (3.64 stars, 225 notes)
  2. Easy (2.1 stars, 155 notes)
  3. Insane (4.75 stars, 459 notes)
  4. Normal (4.09 stars, 242 notes)
  5. Roley's Mix (4.72 stars, 405 notes)
Download: Rise Against - Give it All
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I encountered this song in NFS Underground 2...

Second beatmap! Well, actually it's not, I just like it so much that it's the second one I've uploaded. Hope you like it! It's cram packed with hitsounds, and apparently sounds really good in Taiko mode (unlike my other offline maps).

Old map now.... but I still really want it to get ranked.. ._. Don't mind the old mapping style, it's still awesome o3o. The map has been completed and is ready for ranking!

EDIT 0: Initial upload.
EDIT 1: Insane: Reorganized beginning.
EDIT 2: Insane: Reorganized end.
--------- Started Easy.
EDIT 3: Insane: Minor edit.
--------- Easy: Mapped to middle of second chorus.
--------- Overall: Changed hitsound volume.
EDIT 4: Insane: Changed difficulty, and remapped/edited chant and final sections.
--------- Overall: Added custom hitsound. Please fully download.
EDIT 5: Basic Bump.
--------- Easy: Mapped a bit.
EDIT 6: Easy: Finished mapping.
--------- Insane: Easied up final spam once again.
--------- Going to start mapping Normal and Hard.
EDIT 7: Easy + Insane: Derekku mod.
--------- Normal: Mapped to first chorus.
Map has been graved/revived!! :O
EDIT 8: Normal: Mapped to second chorus.
--------- Overall: Minor edits.
--------- Added [MM's Taiko]. Thank you for the difficulty!
EDIT 9: Normal: Finally finished.
--------- Don't think I'll be making a [Hard] feel free to donate one!
--------- Overall: Moved to pending.
EDIT 10: Added [DC's Hard]. Thank you for the difficulty as well!
EDIT 11: Added [Aqua92's MiX] along with a sb element.
EDIT 12-28: Overall: Modding suggestions.
EDIT 13: Changed that one sb element. Please fully download!
EDIT 15: Major timing overhaul. Added bg to MM's diff.
EDIT 17: Added [Roley's Mix]. Thank you for the difficulty!
orz this thing will never get ranked now.
EDIT 18: Changed timing again!! It better be right now!! >_<
EDIT 20: [Aqua92's MiX] removed. I'm sorry, but I was too stupid to realize 7 diffs was impossible to rank... Your difficulty will remain within this thread!
EDIT 24: [MM's Taiko] removed. Aww... I just removed another difficulty ._. Well, you can find this difficulty in the same post as the one right on top of this!
--------- Insane: Complete remap of final spam section!
blissfulyoshi
Hard:
SPOILER
I really saw no reason for any of the non inherited timing sections besides the second one
the first one is unused.
the third one is not really needed since those 4 notes snap to the second timing section just fine
the fourth one would be gone because the third one is not needed
the fifth is also unused

normal mod:
first 4 combos - repeating the beginning combo twice was a little boring

I actually don't see that many problems with the map. I hope there is nothing wrong on my side.

Nice map. Star. (I guess I will wait for the other difficulties)
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Hard: Insane:
I really saw no reason for any of the non inherited timing sections besides the second one
the first one is unused.
the third one is not really needed since those 4 notes snap to the second timing section just fine
the fourth one would be gone because the third one is not needed
the fifth is also unused
I really love playing with the timing sections, those are for main menu osu! cookie appeal. They're for those certain sections that I think deserve a different beat for themself. If you watch (and make sure the osu! cookie is aligned properly), you see it creates a nice effect. There is a chance that the osu! cookie will be off by a beat or two.

normal mod:
first 4 combos - repeating the beginning combo twice was a little boring I'm going to be fixing that, sit tight.

I actually don't see that many problems with the map. I hope there is nothing wrong on my side.

Nice map. Star. (I guess I will wait for the other difficulties)
I'm actually glad that the normal mod only gave me one point o_O. I guess that means I did this map well? I'm waiting for more feedback to see who else likes this map.
yeahyeahyeahhh
I don't see anything wrong either expect for...

SPOILER
02:22:05 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) -

It might be epic and goes with the bass, but honestly I think its kind of lame and poor way to end the song. One long tiring stream for almost 20 seconds :/. Idk how, but I'd remap this into some more fun and orginal.

Timing seems a little bit off. Some where ~20ms... I'm not sure, should get it checked. Other than that this map is flawless and is one of my favorite RA songs. Nj. Need moar diffs.
Azure_Kite
[Insane]
01:13:35 (10) - This sounds wierd to me. To fix this, lengthen it so that the reverse hits the white tick. This will make the end go over 11. Move that forward 1/2 a beat and shorten to the red tick.

All I can say is...

...Whoa...

I actually liked the long stream...

Starred for sure!
eee
eeemod GO!!!

It's either your Samples are too loud or your MP3 is too quiet

[Easy]
00:12:80 (2) - It'd be less confusing if it were shortened by a whole tick, and added a reverse arrow (so it occupies all 4 white ticks)
00:17:46 (2) - ^ if you want, ya know

[Insane]
00:48:60 (1) - does this have to be new combo?
00:48:90 (x) - you wanna add a note here? also, Fix break if this is or is not done, break is still off

It was good, I liked the 0.5 BPM section in [Insane]
Doomsday
Blue = design/minor issues. you do not have to change these if you don't want to
Orange = moderate issues. it would be best if you change these, but you may be able to get away with not changing it
Red = major issues. you need to change these

timing looks good

[EASY]

seems fine to me

[INSANE]

hmm. i can't shake the feeling that this would be better with the circle size made bigger by one notch. it could be because i hate small circles but whatever.

no problems i could see, but maybe you should tone down a bit on the etna streams though (slider streams).

i have to say though, im impressed. even though Insane had small circles. i found myself enjoying the map at parts. good job, but on your next map, maybe less slider streams ;p (even though i do like my sliders)

star'd
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
livender
Nice map and I love this song :)
Star
PicoLo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gens
You definitely got better in mapping, Harris. ;)

Some things I need to say:

The Offset and BPM are slightly wrong. What I got is:
  1. BPM: 206.10
  2. Offset: 9,324
Yes, this nails it pretty much. I can't say if I'm a good timer or not, but I haven't had any problem with the timing of my maps before (except for my first maps of course).
Be sure to recheck every other uninherited section out there.

Also, I'd disable the countdown. <.<
Hope to see this in pending soon~
Derekku
DeathxShinigami
[Easy]
Nothing here.

[Normal]
Looks WIP style so I didn't mod this.

[Insane]

You have some notes unsnapped.
00:09:030 - Here.
02:29:033 - And here.
But you could always run AIMod Teehee.

Starred.
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

DeathxShinigami wrote:

00:09:030 - Here.
That one's impossible to snap for some reason. Probably because of the timing sections but I can't snap it properly whatever I try (other than shifting the note away from it's current spot).

Thanks for modding by the way. :)
EnPassant
Great Map.

I feel like you understand what the normal difficulty should be, when it's finished.

As long as you keep to that lyric beatmapping on normal, you will definitely get a star from me. Without that, you will lose those of us that like it for the lyrics and the way the song is constructed, because we are out there. Get that made, make it look and sound awesome, and you'll have my vote. Not to mention, you'll make it so that more than top pros can really enjoy it. Tell me when it's finished so I don't forget to give you a star.

-En

BTW: I like the rapid rhythm in Insane version, especially the long chain at the end, but fatigue can settle in quickly with chains like that. my only suggestion is you throw in a second rest, 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through, to allow players to prepare themselves for the final run.
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

EnPassant wrote:

Great Map.

I feel like you understand what the normal difficulty should be, when it's finished.

As long as you keep to that lyric beatmapping on normal, you will definitely get a star from me. Without that, you will lose those of us that like it for the lyrics and the way the song is constructed, because we are out there. Get that made, make it look and sound awesome, and you'll have my vote. Not to mention, you'll make it so that more than top pros can really enjoy it. Tell me when it's finished so I don't forget to give you a star.

-En
Finally someone who writes review style posts where the star isn't given until conditions are met. I'm sure I'll work on my map after seeing this kind of post! :D

EnPassant wrote:

BTW: I like the rapid rhythm in Insane version, especially the long chain at the end, but fatigue can settle in quickly with chains like that. my only suggestion is you throw in a second rest, 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through, to allow players to prepare themselves for the final run.
This map really requires you to 'Give it All'. :P But I'll take note of that, and I'll see if I can squeeze in an additional break.
EnPassant
Thanks for taking my post into consideration.

and yes, I have to say that star bribery is good motivation =D
Kinesia
MMzz
aRiskOfRain
show more