forum

Intergrate with XFire status display

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
I'm sure enough of us use XFire right?
Derekku
I don't use XFire, but it sounds good to me~

Personally I'd like AIM support XP

[/hijackingtopic]
Pokebis

Harris73 wrote:

Could you clarify what you're asking for? You want osu! to detect when you're using Xfire? You want Xfire to detect what Mutiplayer room your in? Or song being played? I don't quite understand what you're asking for and for specifics on Xfire it may need to be worked out with Xfire staff.
anonymous_old
Derekku

Pokebis wrote:

Harris73 wrote:

Could you clarify what you're asking for? You want osu! to detect when you're using Xfire? You want Xfire to detect what Mutiplayer room your in? Or song being played? I don't quite understand what you're asking for and for specifics on Xfire it may need to be worked out with Xfire staff.
Exactly what osu! shows when integrating with MSN or Yahoo display. X is playing y song. X is watching y's replay. X is listening to y song. Etc.
mrbubl3s
i like the idea about the multiplayer map thingy, although there arent many people on usually..
Azure_Kite
I think he means like with other multiplayer games, it would send a message to Xfire describing the level that's currently being played. For osu! this could be something like the user's status in their panels. If it were possible that would be easiest and most convenient to link between Xfire and Osu!
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

Azure_Kyte wrote:

I think he means like with other multiplayer games, it would send a message to Xfire describing the level that's currently being played. For osu! this could be something like the user's status in their panels. If it were possible that would be easiest and most convenient to link between Xfire and Osu!
If you haven't tried the other 'Integrate with [program] status display''s, that's exactly what it does.
Ryuukun
do you mean like in MSN?
There is a way to make Winamp work with xfire so do you mean that?
Azure_Kite
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

Ryuukun wrote:

do you mean like in MSN?
There is a way to make Winamp work with xfire so do you mean that?
^
foulcoon
Well MSN integration came easily when code samples were kinda put out there in the open. There are a few things I'd like to see before this, like last.fm integration but I guess if there's enough support for xfire it might be a possibility.
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
Super revival bump.

Also, I think it's the best time now for this feature since XFire added the music statuses... like how they have it for MSN.
Yingwu
I can see why people want this because Yim and Msn have it too.

No personal support but for the Xfire users I do support this.
Ephemeral

It kind of already is?
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
No, I mean.

Derekku Chan wrote:

Exactly what osu! shows when integrating with MSN or Yahoo display. X is playing y song. X is watching y's replay. X is listening to y song. Etc.
Ephemeral
Similar to people wanting last.fm scrobbler implementation: why?

What is the point on wasting development time on minor features that like, 2% of the playerbase will use?
ShaggoN
osu! is already in Xfire game base, and that's quite enough for me.:|
Ph0X

Ephemeral wrote:

[attachment=0:f0fc7]oreally.png[/attachment:f0fc7]

It kind of already is?
Custom skin weeeeeee

speaking of which, I need to update it since it doesn't support Notification tab (which btw is the most useless shit ever)

Ephemeral wrote:

Similar to people wanting last.fm scrobbler implementation: why?
What is the point on wasting development time on minor features that like, 2% of the playerbase will use?
I agree with this, but tbh, msn/yahoo integration are pretty useless too, and when people see things like that, they go "why not last.fm too!"

But yea, bloating the game with useless features == meh :<
strager gave the idea once about "addons" where you could add these integration only if needed, but there aren't enough yet to bother making that.
[Sean]
http://xfireplus.com

This is what users use to integrate status of music. To do this to xfire, and allow the detection of the game, there would need to be a plug-in developed for it, as it isn't hard coded into the xfire client to originally detect ANYTHING of that sort, not even music.

Honestly I like the idea as I have a few friends on osu! in xfire rather than MSN since I keep my MSN to personal use only, and xfire for gaming. But I am also happy the way it is, as it's a simple scroll lock+x to open up the chat and tell them what I'm doing.

But for the sake of keeping the peace, I wouldn't suggest this to be an idea to be honest. I thought it would a while back, but from reading into it a bit more, there's too much fooling around to insert a feature to a messaging system used by a low percentage of the osu! community.
show more