forum

[confirmed] Other osu! pages get FFFFF when loading cache

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Problem Details:
I've discovered a weird bug with the osu! error screen. The cache doesn't work correctly on other tabs when the FFFFF screen appears.

1, Open two tabs for osu! and at least one of them with a cache linked back to the osu! site or basically cloudflare in general.
2. On one of the tabs, do something that causes FFFFF to appear. Search for something on osu!wiki in a different tab will cause FFFFF.
2. Use back page option on FFFFF tab. (This is required)
3. Use back or forward page option on the other osu! tab. FFFFF will appear trying to retrieve page there.
Notes: Leaving the tab at FFFFF will not cause FFFFF when going back (or forward) on other tab. Weird. It doesn't disconnect other tab when I hit back. I'm using Firefox version 23.0.1

osu! version: 20130907.3test
Marcin
Yup, there definitely is caching issue with that. Tested on Google chrome and it happens.

Basically FFFF error transfers to other tabs which DOESN'T have any error.
peppy
Pretty sure this is how cloudflare works.. You need to click the "retry" button to make it load again.
Marcin
There is no cloud flare overlay http://db.tt/OGzq22kx

And I just had this happening now when checking if wiki is now working fine, and I had to use other tab opened because first tab was having this screen cached and didn't allow me to browse ANY place.

Edit: LP
MillhioreF
I'm not sure how fixable this is, but it definitely happens. The cloudflare overlay appears for about half a second the first time, but is overwritten by the FFFFF page, and it's pretty much impossible to click retry. I have to duplicate the tab to be able to browse again.