forum

[confirmed] Song preview images disappearing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RedWyvern
Recently, certain songs are missing their preview image.

I know at least 2 other songs that have this problem, not sure if there are more.

Notably, this only affects the preview; once the song starts playing, the image comes back up.
I went into the song's folder and the images are still in there, nothing has changed.
XPJ38
Confirming, BG appears during playing and in Edit mode, but not in song selection screen. This is happening on the beatmap OP pointed to in his screenshot: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/14983

I thought this was because I deleted the BG a long time ago, but I tried on another beatmap and the BG did appear, so the issue is not there. The BG name for the above map and diff is "sterrumbg.jpg".
MillhioreF
This map does some really dodgy crap with the background - it actually HAS no background, and storyboards one in instead:

[Events]
//Background and Video events
//Break Periods
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
Sprite,Background,Centre,"sterrumbg.jpg",320,240
I feel like it's a bug that this map's background appeared in song select in the first place. Might be better to just haxsubmit any maps like this, if possible.
peppy
Please make a list of these maps, as they likely need to be fixed on a per-map basis, assuming there aren't too many.

They are indeed doing very dodgy shit.
Marcin
Topic Starter
RedWyvern
Hm, so a fix patched a bug people were exploiting and now it creates a new bug as a result. Ah, the horrors of debugging.

Sorry for the delay, but I went through all my songs and found 1 more that this affected.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/47786 (A bit different, instead of a black background, it shows a blank background)

Doesn't seem to be a widespread problem in this case, but I don't have the most diverse song list so I'm not really sure. But I'm guessing you should be able to verify a pattern with these 3 songs.
MillhioreF
Moving to low priority to clean up the front page of Technical Support.