forum

A Guide to Using this Forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jockeytiyan
So I finally decided to make this thread out of my growing annoyance to the subforum's inactivity. From what I noticed, a lot of people in here who posts have no freaking idea how to use it properly. Well then, let me throw in some bits and pieces of what I know.

I will make this in English so no one plays the "I have no idea what he's saying" excuse.

First of all, let's tackle the most important part of a guide: the rules and regulations.

1. First and foremost that we want to impose here is the NO FLAMING rule. We've had a couple of cases with this in the earlier phases of the subforum and almost always got us into trouble. Please please please please please avoid breaking this one.
  2. No double posting. Many users here (mostly newbies) are guilty of making double posts. Let me emphasize one thing...
    THERE IS AN EDIT BUTTON.
  3. Avoid styling your posts like it's an artwork. Seriously, it's annoying and it hurts the eyes. Have some decency to your fellow users :|
  4. NSFW talk? Borderline, yes. Posting NSFW links and pics? Definitely a no-no.
  5. Slight spam is acceptable especially when train riding in some kind of a joke. However, refrain from straying off-topic when it gets out of hand.
Ok that covers most of it. The rest will be rhetoric to even mention. Moving on...

We go to the proper forum etiquette. This is very important that when followed, it keeps the forum's activity sustained. It is highly recommended to keep them in mind but again, it's optional to actually abide by them.
  1. Do not just post once. Keep updating yourself. This is basically the most annoying thing that people don't do in this forum. If you guys want to keep the subforum (or even the chatbox), I strongly urge you to do this.
  2. Have the courage to oppose someone if you strongly disagree with a logical reason. Basically an addendum to the previous one. Just don't lead the conversation into a flame war. This is an open forum and everyone's entitled to speak their thoughts out as long as it's on-topic and it leads to an intelligent argument.
  3. Read other posts you haven't read yet. Do not just read the most recent one. The reply button is there for a reason you know. :P
  4. Probably a slap on the face to many thread starters including me. Do not make one-time posting threads such as "What's your favorite _____". I don't mean to target anyone. I'm only concerned because it's a waste of space plus almost no one reads the previous posts when it comes to these threads. The Bahay Pangarap thread exists for these kind of things so let's throw these questions there to keep it active. :D
I will keep this short and sweet because I know how we guys are with the very rude tl;dr comment. I do hope everyone takes the time to read this to avoid any trouble.
Eyenine
... I thought these rules were common sense somewhat? inb4 guilty of breaking the rules stated above

Suggestion: Pin this thread for le newbies to read?
Topic Starter
jockeytiyan

Eyenine wrote:

... I thought these rules were common sense somewhat? inb4 guilty of breaking the rules stated above

Suggestion: Pin this thread for le newbies to read?
Until dkun's here. You can tell him when you catch him online.
dkun
o/