forum

Make collections exportable

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,135
Topic Starter
Dexus
I know it's still in the test build and hasn't been implemented yet, but I'm going to say it since it's still in development. Try to make the collections exportable to something like .OSC files or something. This will make it nice so people can share their favorite song collections or make training lists for others to use. Just my two cents, but this can be denied since it's not implemented but should be taken in consideration. There could even be a folder within osu! called collections where the files are automatically saved so no buttons would really have to be implemented, except maybe a 'go to the folder' one.
Oinari-sama
This is a nice idea for sharing! Having a list that can be expanded in client will be very handy indeed.

One application I can think of is for saving server space when distributing song lists. Instead of re-zipping all the songs to create a Beatmap Pack, one can simply host such a list, which is only kb in size, then allow the downloader to "expand" the list and choose whether to download all the songs or only ticked ones.
theowest
this all sounds great

Oinari-sama wrote:

One application I can think of is for saving server space when distributing song lists. Instead of re-zipping all the songs to create a Beatmap Pack, one can simply host such a list, which is only kb in size, then allow the downloader to "expand" the list and choose whether to download all the songs or only ticked ones.
especially that
Mara
This is a great idea and I wish I could support it with a star.
deadbeat
there is osu!test_collection.db, but it's not overly helpful for sharing :<
MillhioreF

Mara wrote:

This is a great idea and I wish I could support it with a star.
This is a great idea and I will support it with a star.
Topic Starter
Dexus
I saw collections was implemented. I hope peppy works towards reading this thread. Obligatory bump.
theowest
duplicate t/113859/ but yours has more support
Stefan
Great Idea! Support. :)
Piotrekol
Support.

It isn't hard at all to make external exporter( to html or flat file or even building custom ones outside of osu! ) & importer. If there's anyone intrested then i can make it in the coming days u: (if Marcin won't make it earlier ;) )
Marcin

Piotrekol wrote:

Support.

It isn't hard at all to make external exporter( to html or flat file or even building custom ones outside of osu! ) & importer. If there's anyone intrested then i can make it in the coming days u: (if Marcin won't make it earlier ;) )
Ahuehuehue, I actually made it earlier
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/211 ... Reader.exe
Just run it, and go into your osu! installation, should auto-select the right file (in case if not - choose collection.db)
It'll parse it, and show result. And because all beatmaps are stored as md5, you won't see actual names.I have to somehow read osu!beatmap cache :x.
Screenshots for lazy. (and because this program doesn't do actually anything other than shows you it works :p)

Piotrekol will probably do the rest of the usefulness.

Possibilities?
- Sharing collections through web
- Adding premade collections, to your own collection
- And anything related to collections 8-)
she_old
it would be nice to export them easily, maybe even in text format, it'd save a lot of pain for when everything gets freaking deleted on crash ;v;
Piotrekol
Just posting link to a tool: t/131103
Topic Starter
Dexus
I personally would rather have the function built into osu!, but thank you for building tools to do so though.
Abel
Yes , it wouldnt be a bad idea this tool in the game , I still miss my Fav A deleted maps ;___; , hate when I got to reinstall windows ;___;
Topic Starter
Dexus
ppy pls (inadvertent bump, also added support)
Stefan
Bump.

So I have send my collection.db File to my friend. He replaced it with this one and he had my Collection(s). Does that leads in this way?
Well I have re-read the OP and yes, that actually would be much better as the first what I've wrote, support!
XPJ38
osu! localisation project suggests that this feature will come anytime soon!

Oinari-sama
Bumping this for a dupe thread.
xasuma
I know that everyone knows that collections need big improvements. But alongside this I'd like to mention the necessity to move large groups of maps from one collection to another. So after we 'import' collections from someone else, we can also merge them with some of our previously own ones.

Also , yes , make this happen. And a bunch of other things already suggested regarding collections. They are lacking as of now.
show more