forum

Spinner "click"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
mm201
This request is for an auditory cue, like a click, to signify that a spinner's been spun to completion, but no bonus points have yet been earned.

This would be a skinnable sound, called something like spinnerclear.wav or spinnerclick.wav.

The DS games have this, and I think it would make a nice touch.
Gemi

MetalMario201 wrote:

This request is for an auditory cue, like a click, to signify that a spinner's been spun to completion, but no bonus points have yet been earned.

This would be a skinnable sound, called something like spinnerclear.wav or spinnerclick.wav.

The DS games have this, and I think it would make a nice touch.
Supported. Would be helpful too, not just fun.
ThePassingShadow
Depends on how it sounds, but I think I'm for this.
RemmyX25
something like applause.wav might suffice, like in EBA/OTO (except its a different kind of applause iirc)
An64fan
You guys make it seem as though there's no longer a spinner gauge, or a great big "CLEAR" that appears when you've filled said gauge.

And peripheral. b4excuses
kideddie1501
I SUPPORT THIS. an applause would be cool or maybe pippi screaming " HAI!YATAH!" (YES!I DID IT!)
LuigiHann
Yeah I like this, mostly for the skinning part but it would serve a purpose.
Gens
This request is FULL OF POTENTIAL

in other words: yes please
Cyclone

An64fan wrote:

You guys make it seem as though there's no longer a spinner gauge, or a great big "CLEAR" that appears when you've filled said gauge.

And peripheral. b4excuses

Doesn't that CLEAR come up when you have a 100?
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cyclone
Oh, yeah, you're right.
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
peppy

Gemi wrote:

Also, spinners don't currently show anything if you get a "50". For 300 and 100 the hit marker is shown correctly, but for 50 not and this sometimes causes confusion. I'd like to see it added.
This was replication of the authentic behaviour, or at least what was requested of me.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

Still, in cases where you have a short spinner directly followed by beats, I would be able to react much quicker to an audio cue than the mere visual cue there is now.

So yeah, i definitely support this.
Yup. Exactly what I thought of. +1 to support.
Gemi

peppy wrote:

Gemi wrote:

Also, spinners don't currently show anything if you get a "50". For 300 and 100 the hit marker is shown correctly, but for 50 not and this sometimes causes confusion. I'd like to see it added.
This was replication of the authentic behaviour, or at least what was requested of me.
I assume this was during the ancient times of osu when people made feature requests due to authentication reasons instead of reasons what is good? Is there any good reason not to add this now?
LuigiHann
Is it possible to get a 50 on a spinner? I had no idea.
Gemi

LuigiHann wrote:

Is it possible to get a 50 on a spinner? I had no idea.
Yes there is and yes it's easy to not notice since it's actually very rare and the 50 is not shown.
Echo

Gemi wrote:

since it's actually very rare
WiW go
AceOfArrows
I agree, and, like others, I am shocked we don't have this already. And since it's a sound it would be skinnable and/or removable if desired.

On short spinners where a break does not immediately follow, I almost never look at the point judgment because I'm busy repositioning my cursor for the next circle (or busy continuing to spin for the next consecutive spinner), so I'm clueless until the song's conclusion as to whether I cleared the spinner or not (unless I bother to look and see if my combo broke). Also, I understand that some of us like to purposely spin only to completion without a bonus to allow ourselves even more extra time to concentrate on the next hit circle.

I can't think of a single reason we shouldn't have this.

Also, I agree that we should display "50" judgments on spinners when players get a 50 on one because if we can get one, we should be able to tell when we get one. If being without it was authentic, I must say it's the stupidest item of authenticity I've ever seen. :p
show more