forum

Jubeat type mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +40
Topic Starter
Dexus
Since an IIDX/pop'n style was added, why not add a jubeat style mode? Since computers are moving towards touch screen displays it'd be a great mode to add. I understand if this wouldn't be implemented because not everyone has a touch screen / can afford it, but it's worth asking.
MillhioreF
Lybydose has a tool to automatically storyboard jubeat maps, from what I hear. This is a good example: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/47872
ziin
animated hitcircle overlays will let you do this without a storyboard at all.
jemhuntr
damn that hitcircle overlay plays so slowly
Topic Starter
Dexus
to be frank I was requesting a mode that would read the map and do the rest itself without people having to manually create the maps. A clean/good/working interface would be nice for obvious reason as well. Plus from what I saw that map didn't include multiple inputs. A big thing that makes jubeat fun is having to hit a handful of squares at once at a really fast pace.
Lybydose
It *can* put multiple input notes in the map, but they are impossible to hit since the game doesn't support that.

Hitcircle overlay doesn't work because the animation is hilariously slow, and it layers in front of the "buttons" rather than behind.
TheVileOne
I think peppy's response for this would be: "If you want touchbased gameplay, go play osu!stream".

That is also my opinion.
Crimmi
The number pad could be used for this, I guess
Topic Starter
Dexus

Lybydose wrote:

It *can* put multiple input notes in the map, but they are impossible to hit since the game doesn't support that.

Hitcircle overlay doesn't work because the animation is hilariously slow, and it layers in front of the "buttons" rather than behind.
p/2015402
Peppy said he may include multi-input in the future, making this a viable game mode. Using a number pad as Crimmi said would be a solution for users without access to touchscreens. This mode doesn't even have to be official with rankings and all that jazz. It'd just be nice to have and play! Also the tool that was spoken of that converts maps into jubeat style maps isn't anywhere to be found.
theowest

Crimmi wrote:

I've always dreamed of being able to play with my number pad.
MillhioreF

Crimmi wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn't have a number pad? ;w;
Lybydose

Dexus wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

p/2015402
Peppy said he may include multi-input in the future, making this a viable game mode. Using a number pad as Crimmi said would be a solution for users without access to touchscreens. This mode doesn't even have to be official with rankings and all that jazz. It'd just be nice to have and play! Also the tool that was spoken of that converts maps into jubeat style maps isn't anywhere to be found.
That's because it's on my computer.

Oh and I don't have a number pad either ^__^
jemhuntr
damn I'd like to have this more than touhousu!. I only tried playing it on that beatmap Lybydose made, and I felt like it would be fun on a number pad.
Topic Starter
Dexus
Bump
Ryu Sei
That bump

The only one issue to implement this is keyboard ghosting. No one knows that they can press some "tricky" key combinations...
But, worth for a bump.
AstralPhnx
Being sent here from a thread I made previously. I had a similar idea but instead of a full jubeat 4x4 system I adapted it a bit so the grid was 3x3 instead which better allows the use of the number pad being used for hitting each of the squares on the grid. With some tweaks to the formula I believe this mode could be possible.