forum

What universal audio offset setting do you use?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
I was just wondering what value you all have for the Universal Audio Offset setting, that's in the options menu? I have mine currently set at -10ms, however, with some additional tweaking I think I can improve on it some more. :)
Jarby
-4 ms. Use the offset wizard.
machol30
Mine used to be +28ms or something. It's +16ms now as of about 2~3 days ago. It may need some more tweaking, but I'm much more content with this current one.
Metroid
-13 MS, I really am NOT good with UO's.....

EDIT: I originally used my headphones USB drivers but now the USB attachment's shell is bused yet it works.
Now I use the USB attachment for Mic only instead of both Mic and headphones
This is so not to accidentally blast whatever's going on osu! or COD4 while talking.
Headphones are in Motherboard's jack with AC97 Realtek Audio drivers
Starrodkirby86
-5 MS. I bet there's something wrong going on, but I haven't changed it in months. I wonder if that is a good sign or not...
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan
Mine's currently at +25ms. It might need more tweaking, though I'm feeling rather comfortable with it now.
YoshiKart
Am I the only one with a neutral UO? >_>
cyanberryio

YoshiKart wrote:

Am I the only one with a neutral UO? >_>
Me, too, but it's because I don't bother with it. :P
mm201
+14ms.

This is what I get from the offset wizard in Options and from awpmaps.

peppy's Offset Wizard (in Beatmap Help) gives crazy results though.
nomedeusuarionaodisp
Zero, because I suck at the offset wizard.
Not even peppy's ticking "map" could help me, so I decided to just ignore it.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

nomedeusuarionaodisp wrote:

Zero, because I suck at the offset wizard.
Not even peppy's ticking "map" could help me, so I decided to just ignore it.
This is one of the main reasons why I requested for a feature which is similar to the one that's found in StepMania, where we would play a beatmap and Osu! would automatically adjust the audio offset based on the results it receives from the users clicks during a game.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10022

But, for whatever reason, the thread I created was moved to the completed requests section on the forum. So I presume the idea was rejected, even though Gemi thought it would be useful.

Gemi wrote:

Syncing the song or the universal offset by playing is an age old feature in StepMania which a lot of people use. I personally haven't really used it, but it is definitely very useful.
mm201
You can sort of do this with the editor.

Open up a map you know is well-timed (maps from peppy and awp are usually the best) and test it. You will be told in the corner how many milliseconds late/early you are. This is your Universal Offset. If it says you're early, use a positive UO. If it says your late, use a negative one.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
TinyBatman-_-
im at -73ms, is that bad? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Dexus
necrroooooo, and yes it's bad Just use 0ms and offset locally on the maps if you run into any issues. You can offset locally by pressing the + or - keys during gameplay to step by 5ms intervals and holding alt fine tunes it by 1ms intervals. Be sure to pay attention under the beatmap details there may be an "online offset" which you will most likely want to set your local offset to.
iSpR1Te

Dexus wrote:

Be sure to pay attention under the beatmap details there may be an "online offset" which you will most likely want to set your local offset to.
Hmmm... I thought the online offset automatically changed the offset to it so people wouldn't correct it on the local offset. If this is not true, I really feel like an idiot because I have been playing songs with an online offset and not correcting to 0 with the local offset since I started playing. >:(
Lach
The online offset is automatic.
Mathsma
Are you sure its automatic? I've changed my local offset so that the local and online match and it usually sounds in time.
lolcubes
It's automatic. There would really be no point in it if it wasn't.

Usually UO is in -5 to +5 range for most of the people, so unless you are really feeling those few extra ms, you don't have to change it from 0.

I use -70 because my sound card is terrible.
show more