forum

Easy mod lives are broken in replay/spectate [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
When spectating someone playing Easy mod, if that person loses one of their lives, all spectators just see it as buffering. If the player loses all of their lives and then fails, the spectators will see it as if they just lost their first life, with the meter going up and all, and the player seemingly ceasing to play. This can make spectators see a fail as a pass if it happens close enough to the end of the map.

While watching replays of Easy mod, lives don't show up at all - instead, the HP meter just stays empty instead of refilling, and the player keeps on going with visibly no HP.

I'm just gonna go ahead and confirm this from the start because I've already confirmed this with multiple people plus seen it happen in action myself, so yeah. Go ahead and post if you object to this.
TheVileOne
Why is this low priority? You would think that people should be able to watch a person playing mods without the game breaking.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Because almost nobody plays easy mod, plus it doesn't actually change the outcome or score of the play. It doesn't affect much, it's just an annoyance really. The game would still be better off without this though, so might as well report it in case peppy decides to go fixing low-priority bugs on a rainy day.