forum

Customizing Best Performance

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +15
Topic Starter
Hiryuu_old
Well, I tried to scout for a similar topic, but either I'm rather blind or I couldn't actually find it, either it was denied previously as low priority/not worth it or it just doesn't exist. [sorry in advance if this is a duplicate and I'm blind]

Either way, I was thinking if it could be possible to customize the Best Performed songs you've done. Like you could set the top 10 list by yourself. The idea hit me after playing sometime and I've noticed that on some songs, I've done better than what's currently being shown on my list.

Wouldn't it be nice to have your own top 10 performed songs listed up where you think you've done your best at and not have some automatic system do it for you?

I did have a thought how it could work, but easier said than done, but here is my thought.. Lets take a song, say i.e http://osu.ppy.sh/s/34645 and if to look down a little there is the Top 50 Scoreboard, but if you have completed the map previously, there is a Personal Best above that. What if to add a "Add to Top List" right next to it. After that you'd go onto your profile list, by clicking on Top ranks, you'll have your current default list shown, but next to the Best Performance there could be a button called Modify. Which could allow you to set up your list the way you want, for example the songs you added to the Top list, will be listed there and you could set them up in a combo box for each row and you'd have a list to choose from 1 - 10 songs on what do you want to set your first row listed as Best Performance etc. To remove it you'd just have to go to the song page and click the "Remove from Top List" and the one where the song was listed will have another song pop up to set as default like the system works now.

So I'm reaching out to the community, do you think It's neat to have something like this implemented? If anyone else has a better idea or just a simple no, just throw em' here. ;)

tl;dr Customizing your own top 10 best performed list on your profile Y/N.

#Edit: Grammar failures, just made it a little bit more simpler to understand :x
TheVileOne
This would be misleading. there would be no way to determine top pp performances of others. Unless they kept that list separate.
haha5957
I kinda like this idea though.

Maybe we should keep the top performance list as it is now, but we can make new one, letting the player to pick top 10 record that the player is most proud of.

Freedom dive 4D nonmode-pass, which never can contribute to pp but player might be proud about it.
Kuro
I agree, a lot of my best performances aren't REALLY my best.. It's just a bunch of easy maps I happen to S or get high rank on... The way it is now is misleading... :(
Now if I could add my true best performances on insane songs that would be great! 8-)
theowest
If performance points were perfect, then there would be no support/need for this. it's the closest thing we have so far and I doubt we humans will do a better job (In most cases)

related request: t/125091/
Topic Starter
Hiryuu_old
Well not to brag or anything but, for example on my Best performed list there is a song called eufonius - Angel on Tree (http://osu.ppy.sh/b/39909?m=0), I've gained rank 49 on hard difficulty with double time on it with 97.70% accuracy (it wasn't that hard considering it has a shorter length and a slower BPM even with double time in comparison to o'er the flood). Yesterday I done on goreshit - o'er the flood (http://osu.ppy.sh/b/176817) rank 24 on hard difficulty with Hard Rock and Hidden with 98.11% accuracy. The o'er the flood isn't on that list yet it was definitely harder than Angel on a Tree.
So how, I'm rather curious how does this work. Unless this is some sort of system where you get a bucket load of PP for a song then it register as best performed..if not Please enlighten me.