forum

Allow players to set custom volume for hitsounds. [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
MMzz
I've come across a lot of beatmaps where I feel like the hitsounds are too quiet/loud and it's pretty annoying. When I can't hear the hitsounds properly I play terrible, and I hope I'm not alone. So I'm requesting there be an option for hitsound volume control per individual map.

What I'm thinking is just add it to the fun spoiler. Play the map once and you're allowed to change the volume freely. (Of course set in a range where the hitsound's volume doesn't clip or become totally mute.)

Crappy Photoshop:
Shiro
Why not just propose a per-map balance between music and hitsounds ? I've been wanting to ask that for a while and never did.

Like, a single slider, if it's more to the right hitsounds will be louder, if it's more to the left music will. If that makes sense.
Sakura
I dont think it makes much sense to require to play the map to adjust individual hitsound volume when you can already do a global one on the options to adjust hitsound volume.
Charles445
If there was a hitsound volume slider (which would solve a lot of computer sound inconsistency troubles btw), it should start in the middle so it can be both turned up and turned down.

Sakura wrote:

I dont think it makes much sense to require to play the map to adjust individual hitsound volume when you can already do a global one on the options to adjust hitsound volume.
For convenience. Maps have varying volumes and some are louder than others.
EDIT: I misunderstood you, nevermind
theowest
I think you should be able to increase the hitsound volume beyond the default too. By default, have the drag-point in the middle?
Topic Starter
MMzz

theowest wrote:

I think you should be able to increase the hitsound volume beyond the default too. By default, have the drag-point in the middle?
That is the whole point.
And yes I had that in mind, just not the photoshop talent to create it!
Oddasat90
I don't think, that this would be very useful. Or at least not to me. :|
karma_komodo
i never came across a beatmap with out-of-place volumes but i can imagine how annoying it would be, so adding this cannot hurt.
keep the good ideas coming!
Aqo

Sakura wrote:

think multiplayer. you can't just go "brb adjusting hitsounds" per map that the host selects. it's better to have saved settings
Stefan
Sounds not bad at all.
Sakura

Aqo wrote:

Sakura wrote:

think multiplayer. you can't just go "brb adjusting hitsounds" per map that the host selects. it's better to have saved settings
And what does that have anything to do with me thinking you dont need to clear the map?
Aqo

Sakura wrote:

And what does that have anything to do with me thinking you dont need to clear the map?
Your post made it sound like you're saying "why would anybody use the per-map adjustment that requires a playthrough when you can just use the global one that doesn't".
Sakura
No i was just saying that you shouldnt need to clear the map because a global one exists already, just like you can adjust local offsets.
theowest

Sakura wrote:

No i was just saying that you shouldnt need to clear the map because a global one exists already, just like you can adjust local offsets.
Good point.
So this will be a funspoiler setting which wouldn't require passing the map first.
AdRon Zh3Ro
Oh well, it seems i missed this request.

Anyway, this would be a really good tool that i'm ready to kill to get implemented. Some maps are just a pain in the _ to try to follow the rythm and this would greatly help.

However, it's true that in the options > audio, by lowering the music bar it will make hitsounds lowder then the music, making it possible to hear the hitsounds more clearly, although going into options for every simple map is just ridiculous, wasting a huge amount of time. Moreover, local offset alredy is implemented, which makes this a logic idea.
theowest
They are now called visual settings so I don't know how this audio option would exist in there.
Suimya
yes plz~
peppy
You can now adjust volume by holding alt and using mousewheel/arrow keys. Per map is not required.