forum

Can't fullscreen in correct resolution. [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Riku197
Explain the issue you are having:
When i go to options and tick fullscreen and selects 1366x786 (My screen resolution.) the game becomes too big and i'm unable to see the sides of the game.

What i've already tried:
use OpenGL intead.
Changing screen resolution back and forth.
Going back and forth between Fullscreen and Windowed.
Restarting the game in both fullscreen and windowed mode.
Testing my screen and trying to adjust my own screens option.

EDIT: My screen resolution is 1366x768 not 786
deadbeat
thats strange. i can't replicate. what resolution do you use when your not using fullscreen?
Topic Starter
Riku197
My screen resolution is 1366x786

And when i'm not fullscreening osu i go 1024x600
Saten
how does your osu!user.cfg looks like?

mine looks like this

Try to change the fullscreen resolution to 1366x786

WidthFullscreen = 1366
HeightFullscreen = 786
Make sure you don't change it while osu! is running.
Topic Starter
Riku197
I have to take back my screen resolution :D it was 768 not 786 :)

peppy
How do you have such a weird resolution? I'm very curious as to what brand your monitor/laptop is.
deadbeat
i use 1366x786 when playing fullscreen and it was fine for me
Topic Starter
Riku197
It worked fine in the beginning. Then i windowed the game so that i could watch movies and such while playing. (Multitasking ftw.)

And now i can't fullscreen it again S:
peppy
But you have fixed it by editing your config file, right?
Topic Starter
Riku197
What should i change in it?

It was already set to the right resolution. The problem is Osu doesn't fit the screen, and even though i fiddle with my screen to make black boxes around it still doesn't fit inside the black boxes.

If you know what i'm talking about :)

Sorry english is not my first language.
Saten
Are you sure it's nothing wrong with the screen position in your monitor?

And is 1366x768 the highest resolution that your monitor can handle?
Also, what is your desktop resolution set to?
Topic Starter
Riku197
Yes!

I looked at my desktop resolution and it was 1360 not 1366.
So i went to my Osu!"user".cfg and changed it and now it works!
Thanks guys :)
PhTom
Have the same problem !
Fixed it with the config file thank you so much ♥
RiftWalke[R]

Riku197 wrote:

When i go to options and tick fullscreen and selects 1366x786 (My screen resolution.) the game becomes too big and i'm unable to see the sides of the game.

What i've already tried:
use OpenGL intead.

I Fixed it on my own by playing with resolution repair tool.

step 1 go to osu folder tru osu.
step 2 open repair tool.
step 3 remove fullscreen and find ur native resolution (borderless) ite important to be borderless.
Step 4 run repair tool osu.
step 5 open osu settings in the game as it will be not fullscreen but it will appear on the full screen yet borderless.
step 6 osu will signal that its not fullscreen and can cause bla bla bla. doesnt matter.
step 7 press again settings and put it to fullscreen
step 8 if it doesnt pop instantly to full screen as it is in the window click resolution again and put full screen settings resolution to ur native fullscreen resolution
step 9 Profit.
step 10 my first answer ever don't judge i wrote it within 2 min. fixed it with 5 min myself as noone seemed to provide a proper explanation. The osu.user.cfg doesnt change anything either as the other person explained. it only made me run in circles for 3 min. my solution got tested twice by me again just to make sure this is what fixed it and it 3/3 worked same way.
note this was all run in compatibility mode if it does not solve it remove compatibility mode and reduce sense dpi and make sure its ran in admin mode. and repeat the same process. if it does not work call me , no call jesus i cant help you anymore :3 Peace.

PS: Upvote so more ppl with same problem see it and can fix it themselves. its not hard just needs fidgeting a bit.
Senjen

RiftWalke[R] wrote:

Riku197 wrote:

What i've already tried:
use OpenGL intead.

I Fixed it on my own by playing with resolution repair tool.

step 1 go to osu folder tru osu.
step 2 open repair tool.
step 3 remove fullscreen and find ur native resolution (borderless) ite important to be borderless.
Step 4 run repair tool osu.
step 5 open osu settings in the game as it will be not fullscreen but it will appear on the full screen yet borderless.
step 6 osu will signal that its not fullscreen and can cause bla bla bla. doesnt matter.
step 7 press again settings and put it to fullscreen
step 8 if it doesnt pop instantly to full screen as it is in the window click resolution again and put full screen settings resolution to ur native fullscreen resolution
step 9 Profit.
step 10 my first answer ever don't judge i wrote it within 2 min. fixed it with 5 min myself as noone seemed to provide a proper explanation. The osu.user.cfg doesnt change anything either as the other person explained. it only made me run in circles for 3 min. my solution got tested twice by me again just to make sure this is what fixed it and it 3/3 worked same way.
note this was all run in compatibility mode if it does not solve it remove compatibility mode and reduce sense dpi and make sure its ran in admin mode. and repeat the same process. if it does not work call me , no call jesus i cant help you anymore :3 Peace.

PS: Upvote so more ppl with same problem see it and can fix it themselves. its not hard just needs fidgeting a bit.
How should I follow this is my osu is not offering me a borderless resolution for my native? I dont see any option in the list with the parenthesis (borderless) trying the steps without that borderless option is useless.